Darce from half guard

gonzofighter

White Belt
Reaction score
Tonight in class, I got my first legit submission ever.

I'm still a zero stripe white belt, and have managed a few submissions against newcomers to class, but today I pulled off a Darce choke, from half guard, against a blue belt in our club.

I'm still in the mindset of every pass / sweep during a live roll being a huge deal, so you guys can imagine how much I was smiling on the inside!

Excited to get back to tapping out tomorrow :icon_lol:

Good job.

Pretty funny sub for a newbie to get. Not that it is particularly difficult, moreso that it is not one of the core moves like armbars or triangles or RNCs.

I've done a bit of No - Gi prior to this, although not a whole lot, and I was learning from a self taught guy.

The submission I used was drilled into me because I was a choking dummy for the person that used to teach me, after he got the Brandon Quick DVD. After being on the receiving end of that position so much, it presented itself in big bold letters lol.

one of my fav moves and i love it from inside side as well!
great job man!

The submission I used was drilled into me because I was a choking dummy for the person that used to teach me, after he got the Brandon Quick DVD. After being on the receiving end of that position so much, it presented itself in big bold letters lol.

Yeah, it's funny how that works out. I've worked it offensively a whole lot, so now that others are starting to try to go for it in training I have an easy time defending. It's quite interesting how much you learn from being on the other side of the equation.

As for doing it from the halfguard - it's just one of those many subs you can legitimately work for from half-guard (at least in nogi) if you have the flexibility to get good position while you're caught.

Back