Danny Jacobs vs The Beast

Queen B

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Eddie Hearn is trying to make it happen.

I have The Beast by ugly decision

I think Jacobs will do well to avoid the big right hand but wont really do anything else
The Smith camp is weighing an offer made by Jacobs promoter Eddie Hearn of Matchroom Boxing for the fight, which would place in the fall in New York City.

“I think it was a great offer that Eddie made. It’s multiple times more than Joe Smith has ever made in his life, so I think it was a strong offer,” Keith Connolly, Jacobs’ manager, told The Ring on Tuesday, although he declined to specify the amount of the offer. “It’ll be the biggest fight between New Yorkers in New York in a long time. I think Barclays Center and Madison Square Garden would be really interested in the fight. It would be a huge fight for New York and for boxing.”

Smith promoter Joe DeGuardia of Star Boxing confirmed that Hearn has made the offer to Top Rank, which co-promotes Smith, and that he and Smith are interested in the bout.

“I’m interested in a few fights out there for Joe, but a fight with Danny Jacobs would be interesting and fan friendly. Any fight Joe Smith is in is a fan friendly fight. Obviously, I’m looking for the best total circumstances for Joe and me, so really the question for us is what’s the best scenario? There are a lot of factors. We’re going through them and sitting down with Joe and with (Top Rank chairman) Bob (Arum) and when all is said and done we will collectively decide which way we are going to go.”

Smith Stops Jacobs.... Daniel looked like crap vs Rosado

I thought Danny had admitted his heart wasn't in the game anymore. This would be a mistake imo.

I thought Danny had admitted his heart wasn't in the game anymore. This would be a mistake imo.
Ya from what RR said he was ready to hang them up. Dont know about this one.

With the state he's in rn, he's getting kayod if this fight happens.

This has bad KO loss for Jacobs written all over it. Going up in weight after having a drawish fight with an old Rosado and facing one of the better punchers in the sport (regardless of how limited Smith is, otherwise).

Jacobs is back with hold old trainer, Rozier? Maybe he looks good and pulls it off. I am hopeful. If Danny is moving up, he'll want to lean on stratagem and ring generalship.

I think Danny is actually 4/5 at a lot of things at the highest level. He is very well rounded. I think he can get motivated again. I can see that. His ability to make those key adjustments mid-fight will be important. I saw Danny winning a good number of the exchanges up close and personal with Canelo. His speed and speed in combos was better than the gingers. Danny just didn't do that enough. He was at range too much and gave up the slower spots in rounds.

I think if Danny is going up, maybe he woke up again. Either way, I think Danny boxes his ears off, it's not like this is a fight he cant win. I never saw anything but power in Joe Smith, if Jacob's has new fire he can do this.

I think if Danny is going up, maybe he woke up again. Either way, I think Danny boxes his ears off, it's not like this is a fight he cant win. I never saw anything but power in Joe Smith, if Jacob's has new fire he can do this.
I don’t know where all this sudden confidence in Joe Smith knocking out some one like Jacobs out came from and I thought the majority here agreed that Jacobs fights to his opponents level, were talking Smith Jr here not Bivol or Biev who would beat Jacobs but Smith?

I’d be very surprised if Joe Smith KO’s jacobs.

According to BIG D it will happen if Beast Smith beats Sulamov

Smith Stops Jacobs.... Daniel looked like crap vs Rosado
i cant get behind that. rosado looked incredible, is what i took from that fight. jacobs didn’t look great per se, but he did fine. rosado had a career night that night, which he backed up against bek. i think jacobs boxes smith up for 8 rounds or more. maybe 8-4 or 9-3 decision.

he’s more athletic, smarter, and has better fundamentals. i don’t expect size to matter much.

i cant get behind that. rosado looked incredible, is what i took from that fight. jacobs didn’t look great per se, but he did fine. rosado had a career night that night, which he backed up against bek. i think jacobs boxes smith up for 8 rounds or more. maybe 8-4 or 9-3 decision.

he’s more athletic, smarter, and has better fundamentals. i don’t expect size to matter much.
Rosado looked incredible? Lol

I watched another fight that night then

Rosado also just beat one of the top prospects at 175. I agree with this wholeheartedly, its' reasonable to say that Jacobs might be done, but JSJ isn't that good and I think Jacobs will box him up, maybe survive a scare.

Back