Danny Green "KO's" Paul Briggs in 29 seconds

just saw it, that was really bad

LOL, no shit... just saw it too... I heard odds makers in Australia now are making a big deal and are afraid to take bets on boxing now because they think fights are being fixed....

Betting agencies are demanding the International Boxing Organisation launch an investigation after hundreds of thousands of dollars were lodged with bookmakers on Wednesday night

the fight was not fixed. Briggs has neurological issues. If the fix was in do you honestly think he would take a dive in 29 seconds? People aren't that stupid.

the fight never should have been sanctioned and Briggs trainers should be banned imo. They knew the score and didn't look after their fighters safety.

I'm not sure if anyone has already mentioned this but it appears that Briggs was inspired by the World Cup...

Disgusting on so many levels.

This isn't a black eye for Australian boxing. This is a smashed orbital bone.

the fight was not fixed

Let's say, just for instance, that you might be looking to make large sums of money by altering the probabilities of a boxing match so that a certain wager will become much more likely to pay out. You're going to need plausible deniability, so directly involving the fighters is out, and one of them is heavy-handed. Given these stipulations, can you see a way of making a certain outcome of the fight much more likely than the bookmaker's odds suggest, thus exploiting this gap for monetary gain?

Let's say, just for instance, that you might be looking to make large sums of money by altering the probabilities of a boxing match so that a certain wager will become much more likely to pay out. You're going to need plausible deniability, so directly involving the fighters is out, and one of them is heavy-handed. Given these stipulations, can you see a way of making a certain outcome of the fight much more likely than the bookmaker's odds suggest, thus exploiting this gap for monetary gain?

I can but if the fighters aren't directly involved than I would hardly call that a fix. The punter is always trying to gain an advantage using whatever they can find as is the bookie trying to retain the advantage. Does not mean a fight is fixed by any stretch.

I rekon it was fixed, but Green was not on it.

The fight shouldn't have happened in the first place if proper medical procedures were followed. There was a reason the fight didn't go ahead in NSW.

The jab connected, but like someone said earlier I think it was the body blow that made him give up.

This guy went through two rough fights with Adamek from what I remember. Definitely a fix.

It wasn't a "FIX". Green underestimated how bad Briggs health was.

But it shouldn't of happened, true.

It wasn't a "FIX". Green underestimated how bad Briggs health was.

But it shouldn't of happened, true.

It had to be a fix or Briggs just wanted to throw the fight early, the punch to the head was a glancing blow at best and the body even I could take that.

I haven't read this story, its a few months later, but all I can say is its ridiculous he was even allowed in the ring in the first place. The people around him sound like the people who were around Ali when he came out of retirement and obviously had slurred speech and shouldn't have been able to compete, and who knows how much that led to his current state.

Back