Danny Green "KO's" Paul Briggs in 29 seconds

forum poster

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Briggs took a dive 30 seconds in. I feel bad for anyone who paid for this event.

Green is PISSED and briggs isn't getting paid a cent.

Briggs KO'd in 30 seconds: Danny Green vs Paul Briggs

Joseph Sapienza was ringside at Challenge Stadium to bring you the 30 seconds of "action" from the Danny Green Paul Briggs.

The crowd is not happy. Loud jeers, every curse word in the dictionary is shouted out. Briggs is being led out of the arena in disgrace. A beverage splashes all over him on the way out. Police rush up the stairs to apprehend the marksman, who is applauded by the crowd. Surreal scenes here at Challenge Stadium. 29 seconds into the first round. Green is not happy, and neither are his fans.

"Chill out, No one is as pissed off as me, believe me" Green tells his upset fans.
Advertisement: Story continues below

"Paul Briggs ain't going to be paid a cent.

"That's criminal what he just did.

"I apologise to you for his behalf. I can't say anymore.

"I'm feeling very very angry."

Shane Cameron jumps into the ring and volunteers to fight Green to give something back to the fans.

"I will give you the toughest fight ... ," Cameron says.

Green says another time, he is just not in the mood.

Well, I guess that's all folks. Thanks for tuning in. Stand by for a recap of the night's "action".

He didn't even get hit, obviously threw the fight..

Thats surely the worst dive ever? it just touched him and slid over his head. Was not even a 'hit'.

WTF!! I got to see the video. If it is a bad as they are saying then his license should be taken away.

Looks like Briggs didn't want to fight, after the jab to the body.

Watching the replays I'm not so sure. I'm starting to think Brigg's body is just totally shot. No wonder it got disallowed in Sydney.

Danny green should take some responsiblity as well IMO. As well as Briggs for even accepting the fight.

I'll reserve judgement until I hear more.

Briggs retired due to health reasons 3 years and hasn't fought since. He wasn't licensed in NSW for fear of his health. Someone fucked up big time here. It's either he shouldn't have been allowed in the ring because of his health or he took a dive.

It looks even worse in the replays imo. The jab basicially misses over the head, and then green just paws him down, and briggs go down. If he was really this shot it would have showed up in sparring.

Edit: ^^ haha, beat me to it.

The replay shows it does actually connect. Not sure what to think yet, as I said i'll reserve my judgement until more evidence comes out.

Briggs has also been addicted to drugs in the past. Could he be back on the gear? Was his body shot before he got into the ring? Is he a criminal looking to make a buck off his last fight?

Insane fight.

Somebody dun goofed.

Just saw the replay again, looks like Bruggs slipped (ducked) into Geen's jab and landed right on the forehead. Might be legitimate considering his health and etc..

There must be more to this story.

Back