Danny Garcia vs. Jarrett Hurd (@154)

I could see Hurd coming in and winning this if his weight cut isn't like it was VS J-Rock. I just see him smothering Danny and beating him up, and his chin is strong enough to hold up. I think he mauls Danny inside but Danny gets a bunch of hits on him that make him look bad.

Hurd is a very mediocre fighter. I don't think he beats too many big names.

One of the few times i'm in complete agreement with you. I didn't want to say the same in my op because i didn't want to skew the responses.
Hurd is a big dude and a god boxer at range when he wants to, but has a low boxing IQ and a tendency to want to slug it out -- which he could do before his chin was cracked. Now... I think Garcia would hurt him.

Danny aint doin nothing that Spence couldnt do.
And Danny has looked flat in a few fights, some that he probably shouldnt have got the decision in, so lets put that into perspective when talking about Vergil, who fought Herrera in his 13th fight, not 28th fight into his career like Danny.
I'm pretty sure Mikey outgrinds him and Vergil outshines him.

Who... Danny? Mikey isn't outgrinding anyone, lol. He took the easy way out against Salido and fought to survive against Spence. In comparison, Danny, love him or hate him has not shown even the slightest hint of quit in tonnes of rugged fights against guys like Porter, Granados, Guerro, Lucas. Danny would break Mikey.

And Ortiz is nothing but a front running bully until i see him fight someone who isn't over the hill and can actually put him under pressure. Danny would counter him at will like he does every single other dude who simply stands right in-front of him and thrown hands.

Ortiz is talented, no doubt, but he's not ready.

Back