Danny Garcia vs. Jarrett Hurd (@154)

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by Buddy Revell, Jan 26, 2020.

1. Buddy Revell Amazon Prime Unboxing Champion

Going off what we saw last night, how would you rate Danny's chances against Jarrett Hurd (currently top 5 rated across the board).

Would give Danny a real good chance to spark out Hurd. Jarrett can't help but fight a phone booth fight and was getting hit clean by a guy with no pop. Danny would tee off.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2020
  2. Goatenstein Yellow Card Yellow Card

Wars have already eroded Hurd's skills quite a bit. Sickeningly I have to pick Garcia at this point.

3. Buddy Revell Amazon Prime Unboxing Champion

His reflexes seem shot to shit. Which is a problem when you're whole style is built around a catch-and-shoot Philly Shell. All i could think after the card last night was how Garcia and Hurd should have traded dance partners. Garcia would've flattened Santana and Hurd would have had no problems finding and hurting the awkward and slender Redkach.

Honestly, Jermell Charlo aside, i don't see anyone at 154 right now that i would comfortably pick over Danny, or any of the other top welters (Spence, Porter, Crawford).

4. Yacob Bill Joe Sanders can kiss my wrinkly nutsack

It'd be close. Hurd IMO didn't do bad at range in certain spots last night...he's been working clearly.

I think Hurd looked a liitle worse because he's in an experimental stage.

I do like Garcia at 54 though. Good division for him. We need all the help for that division as possible....

5. Seano Hands of bone

Hurd is a very mediocre fighter. I don't think he beats too many big names.

6. Mr2urbo Brown Belt

It sure seemed like it last night, his opponent did walk into a lot shots and Hurd was in no rush, but yeah id pick Garcia in a war

7. HandNoise Brown Belt

Don’t think Danny did bad at all as some were saying. Even thought he was a bit lose on his feet and less stiff, put in a lot of body work too. Redkach since round one when he first took the first few shots and felt the power just started moving away and being cautious. Also wasn’t giving any angles for a big left. I just don’t think Danny has the pin point accuracy at times to place a perfect liver shot or hook upstairs to score a KD which I think he could have if he kept pushing for it.

Either way hope Pac and Roach like what they saw and make the fight.

Hurd looks so sluggish in there I can’t really see how he stopped Trout and Harrison. It’s like his reflexes and power went just like that.

8. Seano Hands of bone

Garcia looked good, he was just expected to win by KO. Not sure why we still expect that everytime, he's just not a KO artist at 147.

9. DeJulez Banned Banned

Dannys still what Dannys always been to me.
    There.
    He's not bad, he's not great, just middle of the road.
    He doesn't excite me or disappoint me.
    But Mikey Garcia would beat him and so would Vergil Ortiz jr.

10. HandNoise Brown Belt

It was just a safe prediction based on Redkach’s style and since he’s been stopped twice. Danny is just unpredictable though you can’t really make a safe bet. He’ll go the distance with a dude like Redkach, then fight someone with a better chin who we say there’s no chance in hell Danny stops him and he lays him out flat.

11. HandNoise Brown Belt

Danny will kill Mikey, that’s why Robert didn’t want that. Vergil idkw but he seemed a bit uncomfortable with Orozco before the KO, I would like for him to step up and keep watching.

12. DeJulez Banned Banned

Danny aint doin nothing that Spence couldnt do.
    And Danny has looked flat in a few fights, some that he probably shouldnt have got the decision in, so lets put that into perspective when talking about Vergil, who fought Herrera in his 13th fight, not 28th fight into his career like Danny.
    I'm pretty sure Mikey outgrinds him and Vergil outshines him.

13. HandNoise Brown Belt

Spence wasn’t going hard at all and still Mikey told his brother the body shots were bothering him, remember Spence wanted to make a point and that was to show his skillset when everyone was saying Mikey could outbox him. Im a fan of Mikey and don’t think he should be in the weight in the first place so I wouldn’t want to see him hurt by a bigger guy.

The Herrera Vergil took out was ancient, he still hasn’t really been tested, every time we expect danny to look poorly he does the opposite. I would like to see him with Vergil fo sho.

14. Hagler Man of wealth and taste

Entertaining bout. Garcia thrives on Hurd’s moving forward. Hurd still has his moments with his sheer size when he gets in Danny’s face. I think Garcia takes a decision, but he’d have to bring his A game as he’s never fought a guy this big.

15. Shoemaker ****BOILERPLATE**** Platinum Member

If Mikey's content on staying a fatty at 147, Danny is a fight I'd like to see.

16. nac386 Steel Belt

I'm sure the comparison has been made, but he reminds me a bit of a poor man's Antonio Margarito. Antonio Margarito was better at everything. But seeing the two of them fight would have been fun.

17. chiefwiggum Red Belt

you think Danny Garcia would handle Hurd easily?
    I think Hurd would give him a lot of problems.

Garcia got his name off of beating khan. Past it Judah and Erik morales.

if Garcia is a top 3 welterweight it speaks about the lack of talent at ww. It’s Crawford Spence and everybody else.

and Danny going up in weight wouldn’t be good for him as I don’t think he’s a physically imposing ww.

I do like Danny though. I like his countering abilities and he developed a strong right hand over the years.

I think the fight would be fireworks and Hurd would outwork him. As Danny has been out worked in the past.

I think Hurd would win a decision.

18. Seano Hands of bone

Size would be his only advantage against Garcia. Garcia is an average sized welter.

19. chiefwiggum Red Belt

I don’t think Garcia is even an average sized ww.
    I would bet my life he wouldn’t carry his power to 154 which has lacked at 147.

I’d like to see the fight. I’d root for Garcia but I think Hurd would outwork him and win on points.

Danny gets lazy and drops rounds. Hurts
    Size advantage would be significant in this fight.

20. PUO3 You are a can. Staff Member Senior Moderator

That is a pretty crazy size advantage. Swift is much, much better and Hurd’s style of walking at his opponent plays into his strengths, but at some point size is too much. This is likely one of those cases. Swift loses a close decision, but it would be a fun fight.