Danny Garcia "Don't matter who train you, you cant train a chin"

busterwolf

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score

Garcia should of said, you cant train a neck...lol. though I thought Amir showed some good progress. Liked that he is starting to pump out his jab a heck of a lot more, but he still got hit with big hooks. Not good with a bigger opponent. I still take khan in a Garcia rematch.

Khan looked good in the fight until he got caught.

I would love Amir to win the rematch just to shut Garcia's dad up but I have my doubts.

Khan looked good in the fight until he got caught.

Well, in boxing, you're going to get caught from time to time.

Garcia is right. If you can't take a shot, your success will be limited. Especially with a guy who isn't defensively that good.

That's what we call a pwn on the interwebz.

Garcia isnt even all that amazing himself tbh. Imo once he starts to face the real contenders that wont make mistakes ala Khan, hell get exposed.

Khan looked better with Roach...

and Danny garcia isn't great either...he has a good hook and timed it well...I still have an old Judah schooling him.

Garcia isnt even all that amazing himself tbh. Imo once he starts to face the real contenders that wont make mistakes ala Khan, hell get exposed.

Cambell and Holt weren't real contenders. they may have been a little past their time but Garica has face the right amount of fighter to prove his is the real thing. He work his way up, beat vets and then beat a top contender/champion. He has proven himself. He can't be exposed. Beat yes but exposed no, he is a proven fighter that has earned his spot amongst the top dogs.

Cambell and Holt weren't real contenders. they may have been a little past their time but Garica has face the right amount of fighter to prove his is the real thing. He work his way up, beat vets and then beat a top contender/champion. He has proven himself. He can't be exposed. Beat yes but exposed no, he is a proven fighter that has earned his spot amongst the top dogs.

Agree. Garcia is doing something right obviously. The guy just isn't that versatile. For all the talk of how good Khan was doing before Garcia starched him, Garcia was the one who started making some adjustments and picking off shots he was getting hit with earlier.

Yep, you could be right. I take back what I said.

Khan looked better with Roach...

and Danny garcia isn't great either...he has a good hook and timed it well...I still have an old Judah schooling him.

Zab Judah is like fools gold tricking people for ages. No matter how many times he lets you down in big fights people keep coming back hoping things will be different the next time.

Man, after watching Khan/Molina I'm not sure Khan/Garcia II isn't just Khan/Garcia I rewound, myself.
May go a little longer.
May not.

Which means smart money is on a Khan KO in the rematch.

Amir Khan has athletic gifts but he just doesn't have what it takes to be a boxer. he was winning until he got hurt?? he got hurt pretty damn early in the fight too.
Cotto was winning the pacquiao fight after the first round.

Agree. Garcia is doing something right obviously. The guy just isn't that versatile. For all the talk of how good Khan was doing before Garcia starched him, Garcia was the one who started making some adjustments and picking off shots he was getting hit with earlier.

It's a beautiful thing to watch counter punchers making adjustments over the course of rounds to get their shots where they need to go.

it's more like amir khan deciding not to move like he did in the first two rounds for some odd reason , and opting to stand in the range of boxer whose sunday punch is a midrange hook

khan fought the wrong fight ,he was asking to get KTFO'd . it's not like garcia is some masterful counterpuncher . hell , he didn't even cut the ring off amir or anything . khan came to him looking for a midrange exchange .

at least that's the way i saw it

Train a chin huh?

quiz819outcome2.jpg

He's right, you can't train a chin, but you can train your recovery skills and Khan showed that by getting up after each knockdown. Granted, he will probably have been stopped shortly after if the ref didn't stop the fight.

Khan's good but he has neither the power or punch resistance to give any elite fighters problems.

I think chin is something you're born with. You might be able to do exercises to improve it a little, but it's more of an inherent ability than even punching power. Many people think punching power is a god given ability too, but at least with punching power you can dramatically increase it with more muscle and proper technique.

By the way, I've met Khan before, super nice guy. However, he does have weak defense and has a chin like Andrei Arlovski. He needs to use his speed and range to his advantage. Coupled with a good gameplan and cerebral style of fighting, he has the potential to be an all time great.

Back