Danny Garcia better at 147?

If their next fights arent with each other Ill be pissing and moaning.

If their next fights arent with each other Ill be pissing and moaning.

And if they do fight each other, I'll take it all back. Fair enough.

And if they do fight each other, I'll take it all back. Fair enough.

Were really not in a different boat. We want to see the same thing, we just think the path of getting there is different or should have been different.

This is slightly off topic but we were shooting the shit about boxing over a bbq today, and I firmly believe that Lara embarrasses everyone not named Floyd right now at 147. There is no one at that weight Id pick over him aside from Floyd. Legitimately believe he can walk through them all.

Were really not in a different boat. We want to see the same thing, we just think the path of getting there is different or should have been different.

This is slightly off topic but we were shooting the shit about boxing over a bbq today, and I firmly believe that Lara embarrasses everyone not named Floyd right now at 147. There is no one at that weight Id pick over him aside from Floyd.

Can Lara make 147 though? He fights at 154, and I've only heard him talk about going up to fight guys at 160. I want to see him fight GGG actually, since Lara appears to be one of the only names that is willing to fight him.

Can Lara make 147 though? He fights at 154, and I've only heard him talk about going up to fight guys at 160. I want to see him fight GGG actually, since Lara appears to be one of the only names that is willing to fight him.

Inquired about that today and the response was they dont prefer it but he can make it in an bit longer camp.

Imo its a better move if its a safe weight cut. He doesnt pack enough power as it is and going up could hamper him big time there.

Inquired about that today and the response was they dont prefer it but he can make it in an bit longer camp.

Imo its a better move if its a safe weight cut. He doesnt pack enough power as it is and going up could hamper him big time there.

He'd be a nightmare at 147 with that reach. I can't think of a welterweight that I'd favor to beat him right now besides Mayweather.

He'd be a nightmare at 147 with that reach. I can't think of a welterweight that I'd favor to beat him right now besides Mayweather.

Right? I dont even have any of them giving him problems, not even Pac because I think his aggression and output are behind him after the JMM fight (probably rightfully). Hes the king of the division if he goes there imo.

Right? I dont even have any of them giving him problems, not even Pac because I think his aggression and output are behind him after the JMM fight (probably rightfully). Hes the king of the division if he goes there imo.

His reach is listed at 74 or 75 inches. Pac can't beat Lara anymore, there's too many advantages for Lara. He would even be a bad fight for a 39 year old Mayweather if that fight was to happen. The only reason he didn't beat Canelo is because Canelo's power scared the hell out of him and made him from the whole fight. I don't think any welterweights punch like Canelo at all, and suddenly Lara would be the one with pretty impressive power at 147.

His reach is listed at 74 or 75 inches. Pac can't beat Lara anymore, there's too many advantages for Lara. He would even be a bad fight for a 39 year old Mayweather if that fight was to happen. The only reason he didn't beat Canelo is because Canelo's power scared the hell out of him and made him from the whole fight. I don't think any welterweights punch like Canelo at all, and suddenly Lara would be the one with pretty impressive power at 147.

Ya man Id really like to see him have a go there. Dude could knock Khans head off and lol at what he would do to Danny/Thurman/Porter/Maidana/everyone not named Floy.

Saw an interview on boxing scene with Thurman saying that Errol Spence hasn't fought anyone so he doesn't deserve to fight him.

"He has this nice coming out on NBC and he wants to call out one of the top welterweights in the welterweight division. Of all the welterweights in the welterweight division that Errol Spence can call out, he wants to call out Keith Thurman? Uncle Floyd Mayweather told him to do it and he said 'okay, no problem. I'll do what you ask.' Whenever that boy deserves an actual title shot against a real champion, I'll be here and I'll be willing to give it to him."
---

I'm liking Thurman less and less each time he speaks.

Last edited:
Saw an interview on boxing scene with Thurman saying that Errol Spence hasn't fought anyone so he doesn't deserve to fight him.

"He has this nice coming out on NBC and he wants to call out one of the top welterweights in the welterweight division. Of all the welterweights in the welterweight division that Errol Spence can call out, he wants to call out Keith Thurman? Uncle Floyd Mayweather told him to do it and he said 'okay, no problem. I'll do what you ask.' Whenever that boy deserves an actual title shot against a real champion, I'll be here and I'll be willing to give it to him."
---

I'm liking Thurman less and less each time he speaks.

It's funny that Thurman became a top welterweight without having ever fought a top welterweight. His best win is Diego Chaves.

Back