Danny Garcia better at 147?

reggieweezy

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Not making excuses for his lackluster fights that he might have lost vs Herrera and Peterson, but maybe he was tired from cutting weight. He looked like a big and powerful WW vs Paulie, and his power appeared to carry over just fine in the heavier weight class. Looking forward to Danny fighting against top WW's in the future. Hopefully he gets Thurman or Porter soon.

He looked very good as expected. Time to put the big dogs in the same ring.

He looked good at 147 both physically and performance wise.

Too early for me to determine if he's better at 147 but he did a good job adjusting his counter punching style to Paulie's boxing walking him down.

I thought garcia was going to look much better than he did tonight.

Yep. Folks thought Paulie could box him up and Danny did well against that.

I want Khan next. Lot of people saying Khan takes a rematch so I look forward to them changing their tune to "Danny already beat him once this proves nothing" type shit.

I thought garcia was going to look much better than he did tonight.

In what aspect? I thought early he wasnt picking his shots well at all, but after around the 4th he started getting them in much cleaner.

Other than that Im not seeing much negative in that display. He got hit about 8 times per round.

Yea a Khan rematch would be good.

Khan, Thurman, Porter a lot of good matches at 147 for Danny

Danny has to knock Porter out. Porter will come in on him doing not much of anything and stay tied up flailing around.

Danny vs Khan? Nah man, Danny takes that fight.

Danny vs Thurman is a fight i'd like to see.

He looked the same to me.. Danny is who he is.. I don't think a weight change is going to make much of a difference there..

Down for Thurman too. Weve seen Dannys chin I would like to see Thurmans.

Yep. Folks thought Paulie could box him up and Danny did well against that.

I want Khan next. Lot of people saying Khan takes a rematch so I look forward to them changing their tune to "Danny already beat him once this proves nothing" type shit.

Everybody predicted a one-sided fight, nobody picked Paulie to do much more than he did.

I think the Khan rematch is an intriguing fight. I thought Danny continued looking mediocre last night against another less-than-stellar opponent. Too stiff and too slow. Khan would outbox him if he doesn't get caught. Thurman vs Danny is a really fun may up too.

I don't really want to watch Porter fight anyone, but I guess he deserves a fight with one of these guys too.

Everybody predicted a one-sided fight, nobody picked Paulie to do much more than he did.

I think the Khan rematch is an intriguing fight. I thought Danny continued looking mediocre last night against another less-than-stellar opponent. Too stiff and too slow. Khan would outbox him if he doesn't get caught. Thurman vs Danny is a really fun may up too.

I don't really want to watch Porter fight anyone, but I guess he deserves a fight with one of these guys too.

Thats not true. Go back through the threads there were plenty of people in here saying Paulie was going to trouble him with his boxing.

Khan has regressed and just went life and death with Algieri and if that guy hit harder than a feather Khan would have went to sleep. Same result as last time.

Swift and Thurman is a dog fight. Toss Maidana in the mix too if he stops eating anytime soon.

Thats not true. Go back through the threads there were plenty of people in here saying Paulie was going to trouble him with his boxing.

Khan has regressed and just went life and death with Algieri and if that guy hit harder than a feather Khan would have went to sleep. Same result as last time.

Swift and Thurman is a dog fight. Toss Maidana in the mix too if he stops eating anytime soon.

Who said Paulie would win, or said he had small chance to win?

I think people were predicting what happened, which is Paulie boxed Danny and stole a few rounds, and made Danny look slow and sloppy at times. I don't think anyone besides Seano expected something else. I could be wrong though.

Khan kinda sucks, but I honestly think Danny is on his level too, just with a better chin. Danny has regressed quite a bit.

It actually looks like he got old and stiff . Maybe he needs to change his lifting routine or something .

Who said Paulie would win, or said he had small chance to win?

I think people were predicting what happened, which is Paulie boxed Danny and stole a few rounds, and made Danny look slow and sloppy at times. I don't think anyone besides Seano expected something else. I could be wrong though.

Khan kinda sucks, but I honestly think Danny is on his level too, just with a better chin. Danny has regressed quite a bit.

It actually looks like we got old and stiff . Maybe he needs to change his lifting routine or something .

Moreso that Paulie was going to give him problems, he didnt give him any. Most people gave him a round at best in the PBP and several had a shutout. Soon as Danny starting digging the body in the 3rd it was over.

If were saying those two suck then everyone not named Floyd/Pac suck. They all have their glaring weaknesses. Brook may be the only complete guy, but we still need to see more of him.

Moreso that Paulie was going to give him problems, he didnt give him any. Most people gave him a round at best in the PBP and several had a shutout. Soon as Danny starting digging the body in the 3rd it was over.

If were saying those two suck then everyone not named Floyd/Pac suck. They all have their glaring weaknesses. Brook may be the only complete guy, but we still need to see more of him.

Brook, Pacquiao, Mayweather, Bradley. Those are you top 4 welterweights, and then there are a bunch of guys who are either afraid to fight or look like dipshits against inferior opponents.

Except Porter, he'll fight anyone and give 100%. He's just awful to watch, but I like him a lot as a person.

I thought Garcia looked slow and sloppy to be honest.

Youre doing too much with the afraid to fight thing lol. Really overblown.

And lol at leaving Bradley out of the looking like dip shits against inferior opponents list.

Brook, Pacquiao, Mayweather, Bradley. Those are you top 4 welterweights, and then there are a bunch of guys who are either afraid to fight or look like dipshits against inferior opponents.

Except Porter, he'll fight anyone and give 100%. He's just awful to watch, but I like him a lot as a person.

I would take errol spence jr right now against any 147 lb not named Mayweather and maybe Brook. Its scary how good he is and he hasn't even boxed yet for 10 years.

Back