Daniels vs MVP

Yeah? Are you saying that because Saki won that 0-1 fighters should fight veterans? Kickboxing and MMA are different sports...if a NCAA HOfer or Olympic Wrestler was like 1-1 or 0-1, I don't think anyone on Sherdog would be calling for them to fight a wrestler who is 13-2, especially at welterweight.

If MVP beats Raymond Daniels people will just say he beat a can with zero ground game.

My point is a veteran in combat sports is quite different than a 2-1 mixed martial artists with no prior background.

Conor McGregor was 0-0 in professional boxing when he fought Mayweather. Obviously his MMA background is why the fight was even sanctioned.
CroCop was 0-0 in MMA when he fought Fujita (7-1). His K-1 background is why it happened.
Mark Hunt was 1-1 when he fought Wanderlei, and then 2-1 when he fought CroCop.
Brock Lesnar was 1-0 when he fought Frank Mir. He was 2-1 when he won the UFC HW Championship against Randy Couture.

Bellator has an opportunity to promote both their kickboxing and MMA brand with Daniels as the WW Bellator kickboxing champ (some rank him in the top 10 in the world at WW). Personally, I'd like to see Daniels have a few more MMA fights, but a kickboxing champ is different than a scrub.

Last edited:
I would like to see it if it was under the bellator kickboxing banner. Otherwise it has the potential to end up really boring

Both are horrible fighters, who avoid top fights to fight cans (although it is too early to say that of Daniels + Daniels fought (and lost) against some of the top kickboxing names at the time). Interesting fight, though.

I would like to see it if it was under the bellator kickboxing banner. Otherwise it has the potential to end up really boring

Which one do you think would be submissive and back down from a flashy dance off? No way I would have thought Daley vs MVP would be dull, but once a few strikes landed it slowed down.

Which one do you think would be submissive and back down from a flashy dance off? No way I would have thought Daley vs MVP would be dull, but once a few strikes landed it slowed down.

That would be my fear in a mma fight with these too. So often we see 2 strikers getting matched it turns into a sub par grappling match.

I would prefer it under kickboxing rules where aggression is scored highly on the scoring criteria. Forcing a bit of action.

They have both fought each other numerous times on their old game of tag fighting days. Fighting under bellator kickboxing rules, it could be interesting. I would probably put money on mvp. Daniels is a bit past his prime. Daniels 10 years ago against todays MVP I would of had him down as the winner though.

Back