Daniel Sarafian is six feet tall?

Conduit

Blue Belt
Reaction score
If you watch the weigh ins he looks half a foot shorter than CB Dollaway. No way is this guy 6 foot as Sherdog.com claims he is!

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Daniel-Sarafian-17665

5 foot 7 is the most i'm giving this guy height wise!

I didn't use to care about these statistics but why outright lie in such circumstances? It's pretty desperate to exaggerate a guy's height just to make him sound more impressive in the statistics. I just hope we can have accurate measurements soon!

daniel-sarafian-cb-dollaway.jpg

CB is listed as 6'2", so if that's accurate I'd have to agree that he's probably around 5'7".

CB is listed as 6'2". I'd say 5'9" looks about right for Sarafian

Also, is it just me or did the weigh ins seem really quiet to anyone else?

Also, is it just me or did the weigh ins seem really quiet to anyone else?

Very much so. Not sure if it was a micing situation or just generally not loud. Could have been a last-minute venue change that left some not knowing where it was being held, as well.

Yes I was surprised by that, Sarafian got more cheers than Belfort for some reason lol. Any idea why he is so popular?

Tuf was apparently HUGE succes in Brazil and all the guys suddenly became superstars.

Probably cause of TUF.

But I'd say that Vitor got more cheers, people were yelling "VITOOOR!" when he came on stage.

Still, crowd was very silent. Someone said in the weigh ins thread that Sao Paulo isn't a party city like Rio but mainly a business city and that there's a saying in Brazil "You're as boring as a Paulino(man from Sao Paulo)" or something like that.

Hehe "Boring as a Paulistano"

Yes but I want to know why they are so desperate to go as far as lying about height lol. Seems a bit extreme to me.

Make fighters seem more intimidating so casual fans will go "damn that dude is 6ft and build like that, guys a beast!"
Also possible they take what the fighters say as truth, in the past i've seen them list fighters as having more fights than they officially have, for example Melvin Guillard

Remember when Kampmann and Ellenberger were listed as the same height?

03-Jake-Ellenberger-Martin-Kampmann-TUF-Finale-15-w.jpg

Ah I see. I doubt he will beat Dollaway if he lost TUF though.

Sarafian was supposed to be in the final, but he got injured and this is his comeback fight. Sarafian was supposed to win the whole thing.

Sarafian was supposed to be in the final, but he got injured and this is his comeback fight. Sarafian was supposed to win the whole thing.

with the way Mutante looked in that fight, Sarafian would've most likely mauled him.

Back