Daniel Jacobs vs Gabe Rosado Nov.27th DAZN

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
https://www.boxingscene.com/three-f...n-dazn-works-jacobs-haney-chocolatito--151740

Thanksgiving weekend, either Nov. 27 or Nov. 28, and will be headlined by former middleweight world titlist Daniel Jacobs (36-3, 30 KOs), 33, of Brooklyn, New York, the sources said. Jacobs, who is now fighting at super middleweight. Jacobs does not have a set opponent but the discussion centers around a pair of former world title challengers, per sources: Gabriel Rosado (25-12-1, 14 KOs), 34, of Philadelphia, who was on standby to fill in for Chavez in case there was an issue and wound up instead winning on the undercard

Jacob's will beat him up pretty good.

jacobs will win a wide decision, if he doesn't stop him.

a bit off topic, but does anyone have any clue about danny and rozier these days? i know andre claimed danny just started training elsewhere without even talking to him, which struck me as really odd for someone who seemed so mature.

Rosado has grit, but it looks like theyre trying to get jacobs another win

jacobs will win a wide decision, if he doesn't stop him.

a bit off topic, but does anyone have any clue about danny and rozier these days? i know andre claimed danny just started training elsewhere without even talking to him, which struck me as really odd for someone who seemed so mature.
I think its interesting that Rozier trains Derevcheynko now.... I wonder which came first
I read Jacobs thinks Rozier acted very unprofessional. I also read that Rozier was paid $100,000 for the Canelo fight but was expecting 5% of the 15 million dollar purse.
Danny also said he pays people based on their effort and what they put in. Also even Rozier says he missed some times and trainings. Some of them due to cornering other fighters. Some he claims were missed due to an ill son. Guess he even missed the team flight to Vegas for the fight.
So it seems Jacobs expected 100% dedication for a $750,000 pay day and the biggest fight of his life and legacy.
When he didn’t get that he didn’t feel like paying on a handshake deal.
Rozier feels like he helped make Danny since the beginning and the battle through and back from cancer. So he should understand time missed for his son and that he was entitled to the big reward at the end of the tunnel.

Should be a cake fight for Danny. Figured he would be trying for a more meaningful fight.

Last edited:
I guess this is a nice way to make some easy money, but it's pretty much a worthless stay busy fight.

I think its interesting that Rozier trains Derevcheynko now.... I wonder which came first
I read Jacobs thinks Rozier acted very unprofessional. I also read that Rozier was paid $100,000 for the Canelo fight but was expecting 5% of the 15 million dollar purse.
Danny also said he pays people based on their effort and what they put in. Also even Rozier says he missed some times and trainings. Some of them due to cornering other fighters. Some he claims were missed due to an ill son. Guess he even missed the team flight to Vegas for the fight.
So it seems Jacobs expected 100% dedication for a $750,000 pay day and the biggest fight of his life and legacy.
When he didn’t get that he didn’t feel like paying on a handshake deal.
Rozier feels like he helped make Danny since the beginning and the battle through and back from cancer. So he should understand time missed for his son and that he was entitled to the big reward at the end of the tunnel.

Should be a cake fight for Danny. Figured he would be trying for a more meaningful fight.
yeah i looked it up a little bit and read an article that got into all of that.

still, i can't help but fault danny in this case. if your deal with your coach is 5%, then that's your deal. he worked for the 5% when you were making 2k per fight, because he also believed that a bigger payday would come. it's depressing that these athletes would have a fallout with their coach over money for the biggest payday of their life.

rozier worked with him for what, 20 years? and when they're finally making it big, jacobs making 15M and he refuses to pay his coach their standard fee? get the fuck out of here. and even if he did feel like andre didn't put in enough of an effort, rozier says jacobs never even talked to him. sent him the check and went to work with someone else for his next fight. what kind of a person does that?

golovkin pulled the same shit with sanchez. i think they had a 15% deal (i'm talking out of my ass, i don't recall the actual number), and when GGG signed a 6 fight, 100M contract, he wanted sanchez to get 5%. his logic was that he'd still be paid a lot of money, and it's stupid. abel stuck with him for 9 years, through all the shitty fight purses for 15%, because both believed bigger paydays would come. and when the biggest one came, it was suddenly too much to fork over to his coach.

when this happens it really shows the kind of character these guys have, and while i'm a fan of both fighters, they disappointed me deeply.

Same card as Andrade vs some can.

Should be Jacobs vs Andrade.

If not Jacobs hopefully Andrade gives Liam Williams a shot next. He’s no1 contender and that will be a good fight

yeah i looked it up a little bit and read an article that got into all of that.

still, i can't help but fault danny in this case. if your deal with your coach is 5%, then that's your deal. he worked for the 5% when you were making 2k per fight, because he also believed that a bigger payday would come. it's depressing that these athletes would have a fallout with their coach over money for the biggest payday of their life.

rozier worked with him for what, 20 years? and when they're finally making it big, jacobs making 15M and he refuses to pay his coach their standard fee? get the fuck out of here. and even if he did feel like andre didn't put in enough of an effort, rozier says jacobs never even talked to him. sent him the check and went to work with someone else for his next fight. what kind of a person does that?

golovkin pulled the same shit with sanchez. i think they had a 15% deal (i'm talking out of my ass, i don't recall the actual number), and when GGG signed a 6 fight, 100M contract, he wanted sanchez to get 5%. his logic was that he'd still be paid a lot of money, and it's stupid. abel stuck with him for 9 years, through all the shitty fight purses for 15%, because both believed bigger paydays would come. and when the biggest one came, it was suddenly too much to fork over to his coach.

when this happens it really shows the kind of character these guys have, and while i'm a fan of both fighters, they disappointed me deeply.
I believe Rozier was getting closer to 10% for the early days non big money fights. The 5% was just talked about not in a contract for the Canelo purse.

If the excuses are bullshit for why he missed whole training days and trips I dont blame Danny for not paying him the full $750,000. Also let's remember Danny lost that fight. Maybe if he wasn't distracted or set back by an absent HEAD trainer or gotten in more work he would of had a better performance.
$100,000 is way off but in all honesty it depends on how much Rozier was a no call no show with bullshit excuses... I have no problem with if you don't show up you don't get paid. Most Jobs work like that.
Rozier was compensated for all the other work put in for prior fights. Danny doesn't owe him to keep him around if he's not actually doing his job for their most important fight.

Too little details are known for anybody to take a side on this.

Good luck to Ryder, but Jacobs is gonna jab his face off.
I don't get why they "prefer" John Ryder. That might actually be a worse fight than Rosado.

Everybody including myself wants to see more of Ryder after the Smith fight so this isnt bad.

However if its in Brooklyn then Rosado fight makes more sense from a marketing stand point and Jacobs will look real good in beating Gabe and then move on to fight one of the dazn 168 champs

Back