Daniel "Donkey Cong or King Kong" Cormier is coming and will be tossing Bones around!

Mark my word!

King Kong is coming bitches! :icon_twis

No one in this 205lb division is safe. He's gonna climb the ladder and anything on the way will get tossed aside.

Neither of those nicknames have much chance of sticking.

You're all delusional. Jon Jones MMA wrestling > anyone Cormier has faced except maybe Barnett and even then I think Jones' is more effective. He's also much more dynamic in the striking department, as much as I'd like to see Bones dethroned; Cormier isn't the man to do it.

DC is going to dump Jones on his head like he slipped on a banana peel

The fact of the matter is though that we have never seen anybody consistently take or hold down Jones. Hell, prior to Gus' lone takedown I don't think we ever saw anybody even get him down once and he fought his fair share of solid wrestlers. P

Now, Cormier is the best wrestler that Jones will have faced, but it's still tough for me to be confident DC can toss him around when no one has, including notably strong grapplers like Glover and Bader.

DC is incredible and I'm a huge fan. I'm very much looking forward to the potential title fight between him Jones/Gus and think he has a shot at beating either. But I just feel Jones has showed us so many facets that it's no easy fight for DC.

Comparing DC to Bade and Glover is not the way to go about it. DC has amazing strength and speed compared to the other two. Take into account that both those men aren't the most amazing wrestlers, while DC is a real world class wrestler.

Also helps that he has seamlessly translated his wrestling to mma, which not many high level wrestlers seem to be able to do. He mixes his striking well with it, to make the opposition guess.

I'm a Cormier fan, I won't hide it, and I won't be blinded to what Jones can do. The fact is if Cormier can get passed the eye poke jabs...Jones is in deep shit. Especially since Jones' bread and butter is his clinch wrestling, and we all know how strong and versatile DC is in the clinch. His technique, not just his power/strength, is what sets him apart.

At this stage at 205, the only guys that can put up a great fight against Jones and his little "techniques" are Gus and DC. I'm hoping one of them dethrones Jones simply to humble him.

It would be 50/50 chance to me. Either Cormier is to much for Jones and overpowers him with GNP or Jones tears him apart with jabs and clinchwork .I really hope this fight comes sooner than later. It would sell better than Gus vs Jones also.

Gus seemed to take him down pretty easily, Cormier has effortlessly slammed almost everyone he's faced, I don't see it being much different if he manages to get his hands on Jones. That crotch body slam thing is insane!

I think if DC gets a hold of Jones and slam him down like a kid he will broke Jones right there for the entire fight.

You've got to be kidding me. What do you think Jones would have done to Hendo? DC will be out of range all night. His shot isn't fast enough, and IF he manages to get in the clinch, Jones will eat him up Glover style.

Jones via yudie

Edit: Also, Gus will lose the rematch.

I can tell you what he wouldn't have done, which is pick up hendo like a baby and sling him around. Jones has nowhere near the strength or technique Cormier has in his wrestling and it's gonna be a losing battle for Jon if he chooses to wrestle Cormier.

Gus seemed to take him down pretty easily, Cormier has effortlessly slammed almost everyone he's faced, I don't see it being much different if he manages to get his hands on Jones. That crotch body slam thing is insane!

he caught Jones off balance...Jones never thought Gus would try to take him down. The element of surprise helped him...and even then, Jones got right back up. Jones will prepare for the take down if he faces Cormier

he caught Jones off balance...Jones never thought Gus would try to take him down. The element of surprise helped him...and even then, Jones got right back up. Jones will prepare for the take down if he faces Cormier

You can't prepare for the kind of rape Cormier dishes out

Jones was trying to do a spinning back kick, when gus shot for the takedown

I would take the Donkey Kong from Tropical Freeze over King Kong any day.

i think jj will duck him a very long time
he'll need another twelve months "recovery" time after gus

When the fight eventually happens I'll be pulling for DC. No way will it be easy for him. I wish that fight was next instead of the one with Gus.

I can tell you what he wouldn't have done, which is pick up hendo like a baby and sling him around. Jones has nowhere near the strength or technique Cormier has in his wrestling and it's gonna be a losing battle for Jon if he chooses to wrestle Cormier.

Jones' days as champ are numbered. Nobody at 205 can deal with the Olympian.

Back