Daniel Cormier's Next Fight?

Mir, then Jones. Then he can go back at HW. Remember he is not getting any younger

frank mir. if frank mir loses, frank mir gets title shot

You've got it all wrong - if Cormier loses, he gets a title shot in the other weightclass.
And Mir has to lose a decision (despite winning rounds 1, 2 and 5) and get himself a one year suspension - only than he gets a title shot in his own weightclass.

Werdum would have been ideal and he had even offered to replace Mir in the last Strikeforce event but that couldn't happen because Dana has to have his next TUF Brazil season asap.

If he wants to fight Jones he should have a contender fight at 205 not heavyweight.

Yup. If he wants to fight at 205, especially for the title, he should go ahead and make the move, demonstrate he can make the weight cut and still be effective, and establish that he deserves a LHW shot.

I consider Cormier a big threat to anyone in the world, but he should still have at least 1 career fight at LHW before receiving a title shot in that weight class. He's indicated in the past that he thinks he might have trouble with the weight cut.

I think Cormier deserves someone who's ranked higher in the division than Mir. I'd like to see against Dos Santos, Overeem, or Werdum.

if he won't fight cain, i don't want to see him fight any hw's. i want to see him fight jones.

Back