Daniel Cormier vs. Ryan Bader Floated as First Cross-Promotion Super Fight in MMA History

Should the UFC make it happen?

• Total voters
Lol Cormier will never take that fight. Even for 1 billions dollars.
When Bader was in the promotion, DC was avoiding Bader like the plague. He choose to fight Anthony "no mental" Johnson who was an easier matchup for him.
DC knows that Darth Bader would do to him, what Jones did but 10 times worse.

Goddam. "Fuck Bellator, Bader sucks, holding up divisions, best fight the best, blah blah blah."

If Jones won't move up and Cain beats Francis, what's the better fight for DC at HW?

Also, how is the spectacle of the cross promotion not interesting?

How is the human side of what Bader would be trying to accomplish not interesting?

How is the sweat pouring down Dana's face not interesting?

Book it. And use the opportunity to tell USADA that their services are no longer required.

There are too many UFC shills in sherdog who prefer the trashtalking over the fighting.

I love DC

But could you imagine Dana's face when he put the belt on Bader !?!?!!?

Lol Cormier will never take that fight. Even for 1 billions dollars.
When Bader was in the promotion, DC was avoiding Bader like the plague. He choose to fight Anthony "no mental" Johnson who was an easier matchup for him.
DC knows that Darth Bader would do to him, what Jones did but 10 times worse.

{<jordan}

I think bader poses a very real threat to DC

Would love to see this happen.

How many people are saying this is a bad idea are CRAZY.

Think about it the best college football team played the worse NFL team at the end of the year. Everyone would say the NFL team would smoke them , on paper 10x etc etc. but EVERYONE would tune in to watch. Same here. Just the thought of “what if...”

UFC is held in this top tier mma hierarchy , so bader winning would certainly spark things up. More competition is better.

This is a brilliant idea and I hope it happens. The banter and trash talk from one organization to another would be like the WCW invading WWF back in the 90s.

Sign me up.

This thread has potential to get a "No" record. Shame by others. Like a joke no one laughs? Man, who cares about Ryan Bumder. Only Cormier's fans approve this. They approved Black Bum, so...

The only fight that makes sense to Cormier is Stipe and nothing else.

Yo Andre, Cormier already fought Stipe.

The UFC wouldn’t cross promote with Fedor. Why would they do it with Bader? I know it’s a different owners(s) but the logic is the same.

This thread has potential to get a "No" record. Shame by others. Like a joke no one laughs? Man, who cares about Ryan Bumder. Only Cormier's fans approve this. They approved Black Bum, so...

The only fight that makes sense to Cormier is Stipe and nothing else.

Stipe was DC's easiest fight in years. Even Black Beast lasted longer LMAO

If Bader was to fight DC while still an UFC fighter nobody would care. Now this may attract some attention. This shows Bader going to Bellator was a good move for everyone.

I like this idea. Good fight too. It would be something fresh.

Yo Andre, Cormier already fought Stipe.
We all know that, but he keeps talking about cementing "legacy" - as far I'm concerned, he doesn't have one at all until he beats Stipe again - or Jones in LHW - to prove a point.

Running from legit opponents doesn't seem too bright to me, but to Cormier's fans it seems enough fight bums and unite "bums" and "legacy" together without blink. Brock Lesnar, Black Bum, now Ryan Bumder... Come on. Who is next? Rematch with retired Soa Palelei?

Now this is a fight I'd want to see. DC v Bader is a fight we were supposed to a get a long time ago, you know unlike fights we've seen twice with the same outcome that just refuse to go away.

This is a really interesting matchup. I'd favor DC but he's about to hit 40 and Bader's probably the best fighter he's fought since Jones. DC never should have been widely favored over Bader anyway. Think the UFC is taking an unnecessary risk and could end up making the Bellator HW title the real HW title but of course I want to see it. Best fight in the upper divisions I've seen teased in some time.

We all know that, but he keeps talking about cementing "legacy" - as far I'm concerned, he doesn't have one at all until he beats Stipe again - or Jones in LHW - to prove a point.

Running from legit opponents doesn't seem too bright to me, but to Cormier's fans it seems enough fight bums and unite "bums" and "legacy" together without blink. Brock Lesnar, Black Bum, now Ryan Bumder... Come on. Who is next? Rematch with retired Soa Palelei?
Cormier's first fight with Stipe was decisive enough.

It would pull 250k PPVs and DC would smoke him with ease.

Cormier's first fight with Stipe was decisive enough.

First round KOs are often don't tell who is the better fighter unless its straight domination like Anderson vs Leben/Forrest. Espesilly when DC kinda looked like shit until the KO

See GSP vs Serra or JDS vs Cain

I'd like to see it, but it doesn't hold the same weight now that DC doesn't hold two belts.

CHAMP CHAMP - CHAMP CHAMP. Now THAT'S a poster.

A poster few would look twice at. Bader doesn't have a fan base and hardcores know he lost every big fight. And almost no one cares about DC (unfortunately. He is an amazing fighter) unless it has something to do with Jones

Daniel Cormier became the first man to win light heavyweight and heavyweight belts simultaneously in the UFC. Shortly after, Ryan Bader conquered both titles under the Bellator banner with an impeccable run at the heavyweight tournament.

Bader won the 205-pound gold in his Bellator debut by defeating Phil Davis via split decision and defended it with a second-round finish over Linton Vassell. “Darth” didn’t think twice when Bellator announced its plans to hold a heavyweight grand prix, and he couldn’t have done better.

In an eight-month span, Bader dominated Matt Mitrione and knocked out “King Mo” Lawal and Fedor Emelianenko — in a combined time of 50 seconds — to win his second belt. Cormier’s double championship run included finishes over Volkan Oezdemir, Stipe Miocic and Derrick Lewis in 2018, making fans wonder how a fight between both champ-champs would go down.

DC and “Darth” were booked to fight in 2015, but Cormier was shifted to a title fight with Anthony Johnson instead. Bader was riding a four-fight winning streak at the time, and added another one to his record over Rashad Evans months later, but the championship collision with Cormier never came to fruition.

Following Bader’s incredible tournament run, barely getting punched throughout the entire heavyweight grand prix and winning 12 of his last 13 fights over former UFC, Pride, Strikeforce and Bellator titleholders, Power MMA head coach Jair Lourenco sees him ready to prove he’s better than UFC’s heavyweight king.

“That’s the fight we wanted. That’s the fight everybody wanted. It’s an old rivalry, and it would be the first champ-champ vs. champ-champ cross-promotion in MMA history. That only happens in boxing. That’s a fight I wanted to see.”

Lourenco started coaching Bader in 2016. . . and currently sees his student as one of the three best pound-for-pound fighters in MMA today. For the Brazilian, Bader can stop Cormier.

“I believe that a five-round fight would be a great scenario for us,” Lourenco said. “Bader does great in five-round fights, but they both have heavy hands. I wouldn’t be surprised if it was a war, but I believe Bader has a great chance of finishing him inside five rounds.

“Cormier is a great guy, much respect to him, but I see a good match-up for Bader. Cormier is an excellent wrestler with a good game on short range, the same game Bader does well. Cormier did more in pure wrestling, but Bader’s wrestling in great for MMA.”

Both Bellator and the UFC have yet to announce who’s next for the champions.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/2/...-daniel-cormier-champ-superfight-ufc-bellator

Ken vs Hoyce @ UFC 5.

I don't think DC walks thru bader. He's the favorite for sure but nobody on earth is walking thru that guy now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back