Daniel Cormier vs Rashad Evans, who takes it?

i think DC would take this, but rooting for shad

Cormier by Grappling clinic

Cormier is a bigger and better version of Rashad.

As Fedor showed, it isn't always easy for a small heavyweight when they fight a 205 guy. Cormier is pretty quick for a heavyweight but he'd lose that advantage v rashad. I'd lean Evans here.

As Fedor showed, it isn't always easy for a small heavyweight when they fight a 205 guy. Cormier is pretty quick for a heavyweight but he'd lose that advantage v rashad. I'd lean Evans here.

Even without the speed advantage he's still got speed combined with better technique and power then Rashad. who's honestly not any faster then Cormier.

Gus would probably be his toughest match.

Last edited:
Really good fight. Two of the best wrestlers in MMA. I'd give the edge to Rashad because of his standup and reach advantage over Cormier.

what standup?

and the reach advantage never worked for Bigfoot, Barnett or Mir.

I won't be surprised if Rashad ended up taking it if they fought. He finds a way to win almost every single time.

Agree completely. Cormier was so successful at HW in large part to his speed. He nullified any size disadvantage with his wrestling. At lhw, his speed is going to be average. Very comparable to Edgar going to 45. He may not have to deal with a size discrepancy anymore, but his speed advantage is completely
gone in that division.

Good post.

I think Rashad wins a UD.

I think rashad cracks mentally and dc gets the ud in a boring fight

Rashad has faced more competition. Rashad would have the speed advantage. I could see Rashad winning.

Even without the speed advantage he's still got speed combined with better technique and power then Rashad. who's honestly not any faster then Cormier.

Gus would probably be his toughest match.

Rashad is faster than Cormier without question, And I would not give DC a power advantage over Rashad, the ONLY thing DC would probably have on Rashad is wrestling and that is not by much at all.

Rashad is faster than Cormier without question, And I would not give DC a power advantage over Rashad, the ONLY thing DC would probably have on Rashad is wrestling and that is not by much at all.

Definitely hits harder,is as fast if not faster and much better wrestler and striker.

Rashad spams nothing but short right hooks or overhands and he's lost his explosiveness so his shot isn't as good either

id prob go with rashad, i think his striking would be a bit better, but i think its close to a toss up - id expect cormier to be the favorite

Back