Daniel Cormier vs Rashad Evans, who takes it?

SaintSoldier

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
If Evans beats Sonnen, and DC beats Roy and goes down to 205, this match could happen.

Something tells me it would be hella boring.

Hmm, Rashad looked good against Davis. I think DC will be too strong for him though

I doubt it.

Jones needs more "new blood" and Evans has a decent chance to win.

Phil Davis is far more likely as a matchup imo.

I actually see DC being very similar to Rashad at LHW, though perhaps with slightly better wrestling. Would be a compelling fight.

Cormier has something to prove and Rashad doesn't have the desire anymore so... DC.

they will both look like the same fighter fighting. Both around 5'10"-5'11", Both have gurties, both do the same time of weigh in staredown.

Cormier is a bigger and better version of Rashad.

There would be a lot of people mistakenly claiming that they fight with the same style... I see many have already made this claim in this very thread. They're both black and they both come from wrestling backgrounds. Other than that, they're not all that similar. Their striking styles are different (Rashad generally likes to move around and counter off of the backfoot, Cormier generally likes to come forward). I'd clearly favor Cormier.

Rashad takes it via better striking

I like the idea of Cormier vs. Davis, if Cormier beats Nelson tomorrow. However, Rashad is not a bad fight as well. I think Cormier takes the fight though. It all depends on how he can manage his weight cut down first.

I like the idea of Cormier vs. Davis, if Cormier beats Nelson tomorrow. However, Rashad is not a bad fight as well. I think Cormier takes the fight though. It all depends on how he can manage his weight cut down first.

lol weight cut? He only weighs 224lbs and still carries a ton of body fat. Most LHW weigh around 220 or so and they are a lot more lean.

lol weight cut? He only weighs 224lbs and still carries a ton of body fat. Most LHW weigh around 220 or so and they are a lot more lean.

He suffered kidney failure trying to make 211 pounds for the Olympics 5 years ago. That is what i am referring to when i mention his weight cut.

I think DC is the better wrestler, probably stronger, and his boxing has looked better in his last fights. Rashad has good kicks, but rarely uses them sadly. My vote would be for DC.

Sadly i think Cormier wins by decision, he throws alot more strikes than Rashad

He suffered kidney failure trying to make 211 pounds for the Olympics 5 years ago. That is what i am referring to when i mention his weight cut.

Maybe.. I guess they should have asked him that question on Inside MMA, when he claimed that he is a natural 205er or less.

Back