Daniel Cormier vs Chris Weidman

Explain to me how Roy Nelson beats Weidman in a fight. I'd really really like to hear that one for a good laugh.

Cormier literally vaporizes him. There would be no physical trace of Weidman left in the octagon.

Cormier is most likely a better wrestler than Weidman, but Weidman is probably the better overall grappler. His Jiu-Jitsu and submissions seem to be much, much better than Cormier's and that has to count for something. Plus I think right now Weidman has his eye on Yoel Romero's wrestling more so than Cormier's....and Romero is an even better wrestler than Cormier.

Lol don't even watch MMA...this is just awful.

Sorry, as much as I like weidman I see this fight looking like a father vs son fight.

Weidman is around the same size as Brendan Schaub (there's a pic of the two together) and as big as Rockhold and Phil Davis. He's a very big MW while Cormier is just very stocky and short.

That said, if the fight stays standing then my money would be on Weidman with the T/KO. If the fight goes to the ground then my money would still be on Weidman. Weidman, at the moment, is a better striker and grappler than DC is. DC is a better wrestler but that's where it ends. Though, he's still improving but so is Weidman (who is also some 6 years younger). If/when DC does get him down then Weidman will be aggressive as hell with submission attempts from his back and sweeps, which could put him on top. Hendo was able to catch DC in a crucifix and get out of all kinds of bad positions underneath and his ground game compared to Weidman's is not even in the same stratosphere.
^
Something to think about...

if Weidman keeps it standing i think he wins it fairly easily

on the ground is a bit more interesting as Cormier has better wrestling credentials but Weidman is supposedly some kind of BJJ prodigy

Cormier is a better striker then Weidman. Weidman fans are getting ridiculous.

"interesting?"

Weidman would get ragdolled. DC ragdolls heavyweights you think he can't ragdoll a middleweight?

Both go at it and look for the kill. It would be a hell of a fight at 205 if Weidman moves up.

Weidman is around the same size as Brendan Schaub (there's a pic of the two together) and as big as Rockhold and Phil Davis. He's a very big MW while Cormier is just very stocky and short.

That said, if the fight stays standing then my money would be on Weidman with the T/KO
. If the fight goes to the ground then my money would still be on Weidman. Weidman, at the moment, is a better striker and grappler than DC is. DC is a better wrestler but that's where it ends. Though, he's still improving but so is Weidman (who is also some 6 years younger). If/when DC does get him down then Weidman will be aggressive as hell with submission attempts from his back and sweeps, which could put him on top. Hendo was able to catch DC in a crucifix and get out of all kinds of bad positions underneath and his ground game compared to Weidman's is not even in the same stratosphere.
^

Fucking shertards...
so damn dumb

Dc would destroy Weidman. It wont even be close

That said, if the fight stays standing then my money would be on Weidman with the T/KO. If the fight goes to the ground then my money would still be on Weidman. Weidman, at the moment, is a better striker and grappler than DC is. DC is a better wrestler but that's where it ends. Though, he's still improving but so is Weidman (who is also some 6 years younger). If/when DC does get him down then Weidman will be aggressive as hell with submission attempts from his back and sweeps, which could put him on top. Hendo was able to catch DC in a crucifix and get out of all kinds of bad positions underneath and his ground game compared to Weidman's is not even in the same stratosphere.
^

Dc has fought both Big foot and Barnett. Idont think hell have any problem with Weidmans grappling or power

Fucking shertards...
so damn dumb

Great rebuttal. I'm a big DC fan, check my post history numbnuts. The fact remains, a 44 year old Henderson off his TRT was able to last almost 3 rounds with Cormier and Hendo is also quite a bit smaller than Weidman is. Hendo also had him in a crucifix and his ground game is absolutely nothing to write home about, contrary to Weidman's. Truth be told, that Henderson that fought the other night would've been lucky to make it out of round 2 with Weidman (either at MW or LHW). He would've been ragdolled by Weidman much the same and knocked out or submitted.

Both Cormier and Weidman are natural LHW's. Weidman could fight at 205 with no trouble at all, so could Rockhold.

Last edited:
Explain to me how Roy Nelson beats Weidman in a fight. I'd really really like to hear that one for a good laugh.

Nelson weighs 65lbs more than him, is on equal footing in BJJ since Roy is also a black belt, and Roy has much more KO power than Weidman. If you think Weidman would be the favorite going into that fight, then you are completely clueless.

I mean do you really think Weidman can compete with other Heavy weights too....Barnett, Big foot, Mir???? All guys DC destroyed.

How do you not see that comparing Weidman to DC is just dumb?

I don't know about that, Weidman was hanging with Anderson on the feet and his timing is fantastic.

Have you seen Cormier spar/fight? That's real good timing, he fights like he were hitting the pads but is very calm and knows when to be aggressive.
Weidmans timing is overrated. Beating Anderson doesn't equate you to being a good striker. In the Maia fight, he couldn't time any good right hands, he was pawing with his left and everytime he threw a right hand it wasnt even close to Maia. Getting kneed and hit with left hands, Maia had him beat at times.

Have you seen Cormier spar/fight? That's real good timing, he fights like he were hitting the pads but is very calm and knows when to be aggressive.
Weidmans timing is overrated. Beating Anderson doesn't equate you to being a good striker. In the Maia fight, he couldn't time any good right hands, he was pawing with his left and everytime he threw a right hand it wasnt even close to Maia. Getting kneed and hit with left hands, Maia had him beat at times.

DC is good and has good timing sure, he hasn't fought a striker like Anderson yet though, so Weidman is more proven in that regard to me.

How is Weidman's timing overrated? Did you see that elbow he landed on Munoz, his knockout of Anderson? You shouldn't judge Weidman from his fight with Maia since he took it on 11 days notice, he almost killed himself making weight.

The fight would be competitive but Cormier takes this 4/5 times at least.

He is too strong and one of the best wrestlers in mma on top of having solid hands.

Weidman has better defense, timing, and subs but that won't help him against Cormier.

Nelson weighs 65lbs more than him, is on equal footing in BJJ since Roy is also a black belt, and Roy has much more KO power than Weidman. If you think Weidman would be the favorite going into that fight, then you are completely clueless.

I mean do you really think Weidman can compete with other Heavy weights too....Barnett, Big foot, Mir???? All guys DC destroyed.

How do you not see that comparing Weidman to DC is just dumb?

Chris walks around at 230 lbs. Nelson's weight would be a supreme disadvantage, not an advantage. Obviously one right end from Country is all it would take but as shown against much slower HWs than Weidman, he's predictable and you can see the bomb from a mile away. Mir is old and has declined tremendously, Weidman would kill him. Nog too. Bigfoot is a pathetic cheater whom MMA has no place for just like ViTRTor. I like Warmaster a lot so I won't comment on that one.

I dont think DC is that much bigger. He is shorter and has lesser reach. Weidman is a very big middle weight while DC is actually an average sized LHW despite dropping from heavy weight, I don't think a lot of his mass at HW is muscle either.

wtf, cormier is a bear. Just bc he isn't that tall doesn't mean he is not a big guy. Apes are only 5'8 but could beast any man easily

Back