Daniel Cormier troubled by LCL and ACL issues, may require surgery

So he should get the surgery and be ready for a title shot once he's recovered

He may or may not be injured (not calling him a liar, might be a strategic move though). I do think that this is more of a strategic move but look at Weidman - he just had a double knee surgery with both Meniscus repaired because he'd had problems with them since High School. They weren't debilitating injuries but they did need fixed. DC's LCL and ACL issues probably fall into the same category (hopefully). The reason I said I believe it's a strategic move is because he just said he'd fight Gustafsson if Jones didn't want to face him/sign the contract for whatever reason and now he's saying that he might have to have LCL and ACL surgeries.

I also find it odd at the least that he'd come out and say he'll fight Gus if Jones doesn't next when DC is getting a title shot regardless of the winner and he's guaranteed it to begin with. If he fought and lost to Gus (very possible, I'd even say likely due to Gus' speed, durability and style) then he would no longer have that guaranteed title shot next. What's more is that Gus said he'd fight him before and DC didn't want to because he didn't want to make his first cut to 205 in Europe. Gus tried to accommodate him by saying he'd fight him anywhere (pre-Manuwa this was) and DC didn't say anything/expressed no interest after that. Saying he'll fight Gus next if Jones doesn't and then simultaneously saying that he's got LCL and ACL injuries that may require surgery is pretty convenient though. It allows you to look like you're game and will fight said fighter [Gus in this case] while also allowing you the choice of backing out of the fight if it ever did happen or having a good excuse if you lose.

Last edited:
Why didn't you......DODGE?!!!!!
DC could be faking to disappear and train more standup

That's why it is a shame the way he is wasting his time...you never know how long your prime will last.

Back