Daniel Cormier talks Jon Jones, UFC 197 and training with Rico Verhoeven

And yet he was broken in the fight. Look at DC's eyes in the 4th round, after Jones took him down twice. Later in the round when they are clinching with Jones pushing him on the fence, his eyes are wide as saucers. He had that "I am not going to get this done" look on his face..

This is exactly what happened and no flowery talk about hard times in his life will change that. DC was beaten, rallied, then was beaten again. I wanted him to win, I bet money on him winning, he lost..

If he'd worked that hard for a TD in rounds 1-3, maybe he would have had a shot.

And yes, the one TD he got was him winning a bullshit moral victory. He won the smallest possible battle and soundly lost the war.

Rooting for DC. I used to be a big Jon Jones fan but he needs a reality check in the octagon too. He didn't respect the championship by going on benders before fights and depriving fans of a big fight (Johnson).

Daniel looks old and fat. Jones 2.0 will annihilate him, It's gonna be brutal.

And yet he was broken in the fight. Look at DC's eyes in the 4th round, after Jones took him down twice. Later in the round when they are clinching with Jones pushing him on the fence, his eyes are wide as saucers. He had that "I am not going to get this done" look on his face..

No doubt it was a reality check and he comes by it honestly, repeatedly admitting that he was outclassed. He was beaten, but not broken, and he kept pushing even though his body was failing. DC is very mentally strong.

The only x factor for me is Jon's big layoff.
That's the part I don't know how it will affect the fight.
Because if they were to simply fight again, Jon had his number even where DC was supposed to have the advantage.

So I don't see DC climbing that mountain...

What about the drug factor? Does anyone think the new drug testing will affect Jon Jones performance? Or the IV ban? That dude has a cocaine chin. Numb as fuck!

He needs to call the Duke to get him ready to die for that W. Cormier needs this man in his corner:

No doubt it was a reality check and he comes by it honestly, repeatedly admitting that he was outclassed. He was beaten, but not broken, and he kept pushing even though his body was failing. DC is very mentally strong.

Agree. The term "broken" is way overused and isn't even close to being in play when talking about this fight.

I do think DC knew he was losing on the scorecards, so he decided to get a pointless takedown. But that a. shows he definitely wasn't broken - he was still trying to prove a point; and b. he was throwing at the final bell. Hardly the actions of a "broken" man.

What about the drug factor? Does anyone think the new drug testing will affect Jon Jones performance? Or the IV ban? That dude has a cocaine chin. Numb as fuck!

I don't know whether you're joking or not, but cocaine isn't performance enhancing. That's why it's not banned out of competition by WADA. You're living in a fantasy world if you think that he was doing anything but seriously diminishing his ability to compete by partying during training camp.

...and the IV ban doesn't mean shit to Jones because he's never had to make a serious water cut to make weight. He's usually well under 220 after his camps, and his recent "bulk" only amounted to him gaining a few pounds of lean mass.

Agree. The term "broken" is way overused and isn't even close to being in play when talking about this fight.

I do think DC knew he was losing on the scorecards, so he decided to get a pointless takedown. But that a. shows he definitely wasn't broken - he was still trying to prove a point; and b. he was throwing at the final bell. Hardly the actions of a "broken" man.

Proving a point would be to swing for the fences and knock Jonesy the fuck out... But he didn't, because he knew he lost. DC had the same look in his eyes as Franklin did against Silva.

The dude was done.

Proving a point would be to swing for the fences and knock Jonesy the fuck out... But he didn't, because he knew he lost. DC had the same look in his eyes as Franklin did against Silva.

The dude was done.

Knowing you're losing =/= being broken

DC is a good guy, completely nakered but still gives kid very good interview.

No. IMHO coke was not used as a PED. As such this does not affect the fight.

It was a "close" fight but Jones was the definitive winner. Had DC pushed the pace Jones would have responded accordingly. DC is susceptible to body shots due to his high guard. He used that same stance against Gus and Rumble. Jones' TDD is good so he doesn't mind kicking and kneeing DC in the gut. Jones also landed some nice hooks in there too. DC fights so vertical, he'll have to change his entire stance and fight from that new stance in order to not get the same treatment; that is not an easy transition. His whole way of delivering strikes will change.

Not saying he was broken, but the reason he was throwing at the bell was because Jones hit him. Before that he was completely demoralized while Jones stood in front him with his hands raised

I think Jones is the GOAT but I have a gut feeling that Cormier is going to win part deux.
I'm rooting for Cormier for sure but the only way he wins is if Jones comes back rusty or is affected negatively by his new muscle mass.

Back