Daniel Cormier talks Jon Jones, UFC 197 and training with Rico Verhoeven

These interviews make me appreciate Ariel Helwani's interview skills a lot more. Good info but terrible interviewer.

So we should just disregard Jones manhandling him the first time? If DC wins there'll be a trilogy to determine who's actually the best, I can't see Cormier winning whatsoever I just have a gut feeling that it will happen.
There was no manhandling.

That interviewer speaks with the same tone and cadence as Grant Gustin's Barry Allen.

Anyone?

Not to play armchair psychologist but there was a lot of 'I think I'm going to do it' instead of 'I know'. Suggests his belief is maybe shaken a little in regards to beating Jon.

For what it's worth I'd like Daniel to win this one and set up a trilogy with as much bad blood and controversy as possible, thanks.

Yep I noticed that as well. When the interviewer asked him he he's going to go into this fight with a cool head, he seemed really hesitant and unsure when he said, "I think so."

I hope he can pull it off, but we'll see.

Hopefully no red flags with jones' highly irregular hormone levels this time.

Ha.....sarcasm, right?

DC showed better striking at HW than we've seen in his title fights. He just wants to grind now

You know who Rico Verhoeven is right? Hope he makes a successful MMA career he should completely destroy MMA fighters at least in striking.

49-46 is narrow? The fight wasn't close.

Believe it or not, one fighter can be a clear winner in every round and the fight can still be super close.

For some reason, Jones-Cormier I was treated like a walkover for Jones. It wasn't. He took some punishment. He won but it wasn't easy.

Believe it or not, one fighter can be a clear winner in every round and the fight can still be super close.

For some reason, Jones-Cormier I was treated like a walkover for Jones. It wasn't. He took some punishment. He won but it wasn't easy.
It wasn't hard either

I feel like he was broken mentally by Jones, and it is likely to happen again.. Jones just gets tougher as the fight goes on..
His father was murdered and he lost his baby girl in a car accident.

The octagon or anyone in it doesn't have shit on that kind of anguish.

I think Jones is the GOAT but I have a gut feeling that Cormier is going to win part deux.
The only x factor for me is Jon's big layoff.
That's the part I don't know how it will affect the fight.
Because if they were to simply fight again, Jon had his number even where DC was supposed to have the advantage.

So I don't see DC climbing that mountain...

His father was murdered and he lost his baby girl in a car accident.

The octagon or anyone in it doesn't have shit on that kind of anguish.

And yet he was broken in the fight. Look at DC's eyes in the 4th round, after Jones took him down twice. Later in the round when they are clinching with Jones pushing him on the fence, his eyes are wide as saucers. He had that "I am not going to get this done" look on his face..

Back