Daniel Cormier Opens Up As Huge Favorite vs. Mir (+ Bendo vs. Melendez Odds)

thanks for the old line JayElectra.

yep. I guess the oddsmakers were impressed by DC's win over Dion Staring. :rolleyes:

That's likely all they took into account. Those two cans that he crushed (some dude with a big head and another guy with love handles) likely didn't play into it at all.

well considering the Barnett and Bigfoot fights were before the original line for Mir/Cormier, i have no idea why DC would be more of a favorite after the Starring fight.

Bendo fighting on Fox again? Does he have some ridiculous PPV clause i his contract or something?

well, he is the champ and both him and Gil are known for putting on exciting bouts. So...that should explain it.

I figure the line for DC vs. Mir will move closer pretty quick. I could see DC being a slight favorite but those odds are ridiculous.

Barnett couldn't get Cormier on his back so I have no reason to believe Mir will be able to. And if he does, I have no reason to believe he will be able to control him for very long and I'm not going to assume he's going to instantly submit Cormier. I also can't see Mir eating many of Cormier's shots before he goes to sleep.

Can't bet on Cormier cause I can see Mir pulling an upset. I'd put a little money on Mir but we'll see when the fight gets closer.

I would take Mir at +300 and probably wouldn't touch the gil vs. bendo fight

Same...although Bendo seems like a safe bet. I could def talk myself into laying some cash on Mir/Bendo.

Frank Mir has this in the bag. Can't wait to make some cold hard cash on this one.

Hopefully that's sarcasm. Mir gets exposed, AGAIN. The only question is will his loss get him a shot at the HW title. Because, he is THE perennial #1 UFC HW contender and all, win or lose..

Mir vs DC is a terrible matchup. Wish they made Mir vs Barnett.

I would love to bet on Mir, but I can't remember the last time he won as an underdog. Maybe Mir-Nog 1? Frank's one of the most predictable guys in mma, fights he's expected to win, he wins, fights he's expected to love, he loses.

I would love to bet on Mir, but I can't remember the last time he won as an underdog. Maybe Mir-Nog 1? Frank's one of the most predictable guys in mma, fights he's expected to win, he wins, fights he's expected to love, he loses.

I think your supposition depends on who's doing the expecting????

I think Mir has a tough time with good wrestlers, and DC is a great wrestler. DC might win ugly, but he wins this fight 80% of the time.

mir is a legendary striker. he knocked out pride legendary striker crocop and also knocked out pride legandary grappler noguiera twice

I think your supposition depends on who's doing the expecting????

I think Mir has a tough time with good wrestlers, and DC is a great wrestler. DC might win ugly, but he wins this fight 80% of the time.

Yeah, a bit unclear, but I'm talking about vegas/ the majority of fans. When Mir is a favorite, betting and otherwise, he tends to come through. When he's a dog, he tends to lose. He just seems to me like a pretty accurately ranked guy who does basically what you'd expect, takes care of worse guys and falls to better guys.

Back