Daniel Cormier on Roy Nelson: "he can't score a takedown on me, are you crazy"

maybe if he hurts DC first with a big right; but I don't see him landing a TD barring that.

I actually hope DC has either a close fight, or loses so the Jon Jones fight hype stops. I think Dc is allowing himself to be used as a pawn. He should be going for the belt at HW, not being forced to a lower division to do someone's dirty work.

If Cain looses, then he will probably stay at HW and go for the belt, counting if he wins Nelson fight, which he should.

If Cain looses, then he will probably stay at HW and go for the belt, counting if he wins Nelson fight, which he should.

They were just recently saying he was going to move down after this fight no matter what but I don't believe that for a second.

Well in the prefight interview he said that he goes to LHW win or loose, but yea i'm sceptical as you. And i'm quite sure that if Cain looses he will make a run for a title.

But i would like to see him against Jones no matter what. :)

Obviously Roy won't even be trying to get the td.

Sure hope he takes this one.

The fact DC still has hype after that embarrassing fight against Mir is laughable. The fact that Nelson is a top contender at HW is even more laughable.

Thats the HW division, guys. And DC admitted he will come to stall "you better fight to win some rounds" thats stupid

Junior or Cain would finish DC in the 1st or 2nd

Ya. Most fighters that manage 3 top 10 wins without losing a round are absolutely undeserving of any hype, whatsoever.

really don't see roy winning this, that beating he took in his last fight may well of added a few miles to the tank too. cormier by being too fast and too slick for a predictable nelson.

Didn't JDS double leg him? I'm inclined to think DC has better takedowns tha D1 Junior
Edit: Not to mention Mir
Edit 2: Massive brainfart, of course Roy ain't taking DC down

JDS used "surprise" 10-9 style TD's against Roy. JDS let him back up immediately.
He actually didn't need them, as he was easily winning the fight. He also had little to worry about in the standup, as Roy was pretty gassed by R2.

I really feel like Nelson will win this fight via karma. The fact that Cormier is so blatantly hand-picking him even after he was destroyed by Miocic just plays too far into that.

Handpicking him?

Nelson called him Uncle Tom so Cormier wants to kick his ass

Handpicking him?

Nelson called him Uncle Tom so Cormier wants to kick his ass
Sounds like DC picked the fight before the comment.

Ariel brought up Daniel Cormier's recent statements that he wants to kick Nelson's ass in part "for Dana White." Nelson went a bizarre direction with his response, stating "Having a lot of black friends. They would say that would be more of an Uncle Tom move."
Pushed to expand on what made it an "Uncle Tom move," Nelson laughed and said "That's what my friends were saying. And I was just like 'wow!' Hey it is what it is. You gotta do what you can do for the boss."

Source

BC's comment was f'ked up but DC's wanting to fight BC for Dana is a bitch move, imo.

I hope BC wins just to watch the chaos seeing as how I don't care that much for either fighter.

Why do people think Roy is like a top 5? He's going to get smashed. He will always get smashed to anyone who's elite

Man, all this DC hate just because he doesn't like Roy's beard? You people are cold!

I'm excited for this fight. I just hope DC KO's Roy in the 3rd round after a war of a fight.

Forget landing a takedown....i hope Roy lands the big right hand and knocks Cormier out

no way that ray neilson takes down danny corman, I don't blame danny for getting offended given his wrestling creds. ray couldn't even take down meer.

Back