Daniel Cormier on Roy Nelson: "he can't score a takedown on me, are you crazy"

Ya because DC is known for his finishing power, and Roy gets finished left and right.... Stupidity

^^^Has never seen a Daniel Cormier fight^^^

I don't think Cormier will finish Roy but his boxing is sharp and he does have power in his hands. You strike me as one of those people who lumps all fighters with wrestling backgrounds into the "lay n pray" crowd.

american fighters talkin shit to get noticed.

OH SHIT I CANT WAIT FOR THE REMATCH WITH ANDERSON.

Out of 12 fights DC has 7 stops from strikes. Nelson has 13 of 19 stops by strikes.

That's 58% for Cormier and 68% for Nelson. That's not that significant of a difference.

And Cormier's wins are much higher quality then Roy Nelson's. Put Meathead DAve Herman and Kongo in the same cage with Cormier and he would have a higher percentage.

I was a bit surprised to hear that from DC, cause he's usually very humble. That being said,he's right I really don't see anything Nelson can do to win. DC by destruction.

unless cormier gets caulky its just way too easy. take roy down. beat on him til its over or he gasses. fyi roy gases quickly and has no chance at stopping the td

If Roy KOs him--or better yet, takes him down more than once and smothers him with his belly--I'd gladly exchange that for all my other picks winning.

Please baste god, please...

Finally. Someone that can see the truth.

Yeah, and it's certainly not you.

Gus lost. I'm perplexed as top why many of you keep talking like Jones lost. Please spare me the 'moral victory.' Jones was tested and came out the winner.

Yeah.... You really missed the point, maybe that's why you're perplexed?

DC is better everywhere except BJJ. This is a terrible match for Roy but I hope he wins anyway.

So DC has more KO power than Nelson? Get real... Even tho Nelson is slower fighter he has better striking...

DC shouldnt be concerned about Nelson taking him down, he should be worried that Nelson will introduce him to the sandman.

That said, I expect DC to win the fight. What will really transpire is anybodies guess though, should be interesting. As long as DC doesnt press him against the cage for three rounds...

I can't stress enough how much it would suck if the DC hype train was killed by the Belly of Doom.

When this was booked, I realized right away that they booked this so DC can have a highlight reel finish.

They're surely expecting big things from him, but after that lackluster debut it's hard to promote him as a legit threat to the mainstream.

The irony would be immense if Roy tagged him.

I really feel like Nelson will win this fight via karma. The fact that Cormier is so blatantly hand-picking him even after he was destroyed by Miocic just plays too far into that.

Gus lost. I'm perplexed as top why many of you keep talking like Jones lost. Please spare me the 'moral victory.' Jones was tested and came out the winner.

That was about takedowns. Also, it's not all black and white, W's and L's. Jones was expected to steamroll Gus and he didn't. That's not a knock on Jones. It's just the fans predicting him steamrolling Gus are stupid. Give Gus some credit for his great performance. He was a massive underdog and did better than anybody has against Jones - by far.

Now that I think about it, Stipe and DC have the same game and are virtually the same fighter. You're dead on here my man, dead on.

Makes as much sense as the people who were picking against Miocic in the Nelson fight because of his loss to Struve... so none at all.

How did this question mark end up at the top of my post?

^^^Has never seen a Daniel Cormier fight^^^

I don't think Cormier will finish Roy but his boxing is sharp and he does have power in his hands. You strike me as one of those people who lumps all fighters with wrestling backgrounds into the "lay n pray" crowd.

*Has followed DC's career since SF
Watched him decision Monson and Barnett live and finish Bigfoot live.*

He wont finish Roy because he's not on JDS level of punching power and he couldn't get the job done. You must've never seen a Nelson fight?

Makes as much sense as the people who were picking against Miocic in the Nelson fight because of his loss to Struve... so none at all.

How did this question mark end up at the top of my post?

lol

Sharp as a knife.

*Has followed DC's career since SF
Watched him decision Monson and Barnett live and finish Bigfoot live.*

He wont finish Roy because he's not on JDS level of punching power and he couldn't get the job done. You must've never seen a Nelson fight?

It's funny how many of you think it's solely power and not speed and accuracy that lead to KO's. It's like football fans talking about the intricacies of pitching a baseball.

Cormier is prime to get his lights turned out. Guy is great but he is starting to get a little too much Overeem in him

The fact DC still has hype after that embarrassing fight against Mir is laughable. The fact that Nelson is a top contender at HW is even more laughable.

Thats the HW division, guys. And DC admitted he will come to stall "you better fight to win some rounds" thats stupid

Junior or Cain would finish DC in the 1st or 2nd

Back