Daniel Cormier on Roy Nelson: "he can't score a takedown on me, are you crazy"

Roy knocking out DC would be the best MMA moment of the year.

Only way Roy wins is if DC stands flat footed infront of him. Would be pretty amusing if it happened, just so we can put this whole "strongest HW division ever" bs to rest.

DC has

Better Striking

Better Cardio

Better Wrestling

DC will win..Not a good match-up for Roy....Roy has become a one trick pony. (neglects his BJJ for some reason)

Why people hate Cormier?

I definitely don't hate DC...I've found him to be one of the more pleasant personalities in interviews. Seems like a pretty easy going guy overall.

Roy Nelson's take downs aren't explosive enough anymore due to his physical shape and advancing age. He relies on his top notch overhand right to get the job done now. He also can't perform in short notice fights due to the shape that he's in. It's amazing what he is and has been able to accomplish considering the circumstances, though.

Cormier's right but I highly doubt he'll even attempt a takedown.

I can't stress enough how much it would suck if the DC hype train was killed by the Belly of Doom.

When this was booked, I realized right away that they booked this so DC can have a highlight reel finish.

They're surely expecting big things from him, but after that lackluster debut it's hard to promote him as a legit threat to the mainstream.

The irony would be immense if Roy tagged him.
That makes one of you, because Big Country is almost impossible to finish. DC didn't even finish glass jawed Frank Mir. What makes you think he can finish the iron chinned Roy Nelson?

Yea, Roy Nelson is that piece of blob that the UFC feeds to guys they want to promote as deadly.

Since Roy Nelson basically has no gas and nothing more to his arsenal than a lucky haymaker, he usually ends up looking like pile of turd against good fighters while they end up looking like spades.

It's nice that a fat guy made it into the ufc, but this is a sport. There's no room for guys who promote eating cheeseburgers and spotting a big belly.

Dana is going to cut him after he gets finished by Cormier.
Oh, OK, I see you're just trolling now...:cool:

That makes one of you, because Big Country is almost impossible to finish. DC didn't even finish glass jawed Frank Mir. What makes you think he can finish the iron chinned Roy Nelson?
You say that as if DC didn't have the ability to finish Mir. He just decided to wrestlefuck him.

Also I will agree with you if your saying that he will have trouble finishing Roy..That is different.

aysyrl.gif

I think Roy pretty much expressed his chances. Every fight starts on the feet, so there will be at least a few punches thrown. After that, probably like a 90% chance DC whips his ass

Go watch Frank Mir and Roy Nelson's fight.
I'll spoil it for you: Frank doesn't get Ko'd

I expect Cormier to wrestle with Roy and run circles in the octagon en route to an UD. Hopefully I am wrong.

E-

You say that as if DC didn't have the ability to finish Mir. He just decided to wrestlefuck him.

Also I will agree with you if your saying that he will have trouble finishing Roy..That is different.

aysyrl.gif
Oh, believe me, I realize that DC did have the power to finish Mir if he would have connected. Pretty much any HW does. I was just using that as an example. You know, how can DC finish the iron chinned Nelson if he didn't even finish Mir. Just trying to drive home that point, you know? He's making it seem as if DC is guaranteed a highlight reel finish of Nelson. No fucking way. Nelson might have the best chin in MMA.

Go watch Frank Mir and Roy Nelson's fight.
I'll spoil it for you: Frank doesn't get Ko'd
Saw it when it happened. Mir grapple fucked Nelson in that fight. Nelson was also badly out of shape. I think he decided to lose weight after that fight and then he had a good run only broken up by fighting a top 5 guy in Werdum and taking a fight on short notice against Miocic. Anyhow, I've already explained my usage of that example, so take it or leave it.

Saw it when it happened. Mir grapple fucked Nelson in that fight. Nelson was also badly out of shape. I think he decided to lose weight after that fight and then he had a good run only broken up by fighting a top 5 guy in Werdum and taking a fight on short notice against Miocic. Anyhow, I've already explained my usage of that example, so take it or leave it.

You don't say?

You used a shit example, just move on

Man i cant wait for Cormier to drop to LHW and fight Bones...

Although I anticipate Bones searching for other fights and putting off the Cormier fight as long as he possibly can.

Ya because DC is known for his finishing power, and Roy gets finished left and right.... Stupidity

Out of 12 fights DC has 7 stops from strikes. Nelson has 13 of 19 stops by strikes.

That's 58% for Cormier and 68% for Nelson. That's not that significant of a difference.

Back