Daniel Cormier on Roy Nelson: "he can't score a takedown on me, are you crazy"

Roy has never KO'd anyone where you have to say Damn it takes tons of KO power to take out that guy. All his KO victims are known for getting hit & rocked and all are known for not good chins. So are Mir and AA. But they were actually good fighters so they easily beat him.

Yea, Roy Nelson is that piece of blob that the UFC feeds to guys they want to promote as deadly.

Since Roy Nelson basically has no gas and nothing more to his arsenal than a lucky haymaker, he usually ends up looking like pile of turd against good fighters while they end up looking like spades.

It's nice that a fat guy made it into the ufc, but this is a sport. There's no room for guys who promote eating cheeseburgers and spotting a big belly.

Dana is going to cut him after he gets finished by Cormier.

Fighter bashing and hate at its finest hour. Roy wont be finished. Id sig bet you that any day.

Wow! At the sound of that right hook landing on Bigfoot!
That would have killed a dude with a normal sized head!

Hey I seen Nelson go 3 rounds with Junior.....& Junior couldn't take him out....so I doubt DC can take him out either! Nelson has a shot...

Because Juniors offensive wrestling is comparable...da fuc?

Roy has never KO'd anyone where you have to say Damn it takes tons of KO power to take out that guy. All his KO victims are known for getting hit & rocked and all are known for not good chins. So are Mir and AA. But they were actually good fighters so they easily beat him.

:icon_conf

Kongo and Mitrione?

:icon_conf

Kongo and Mitrione?

Kongo was rocked in like every fight leading up to the Roy fight. Mitrione is god awful and took that fight on 2 weeks notice. What does it even matter? Yeah he wasnt rocked by those greats Tim Hague, Phil De Fries, Kimbo, Morecraft and Big Baby in his 5 fight career.

Fighter bashing and hate at its finest hour. Roy wont be finished. Id sig bet you that any day.

I'm not bashing Roy Nelson the man. I'm trying to discredit his skills by being a realist.

Some instances he knocks people out and looks great, but at other instances he looks like he doesn't belong.

Take the fights against JDS, Werdum, Mir... He looked like he had no business being in MMA.

Maybe saying he looked like turd is a bit rough. But not saying Roy Nelson is turd, saying his performance was that horrible. Maybe we should change he looked like turd to he looked like he didn't belong.

Yea, if that makes Nelson's fans feel better. sure.

I was just defending him in another thread recently. Saying the man earned his dues by going through TUF and earning his spot. Nothing was handed to him.

Sure, he gets my respect for that. But promoting being fat doesn't sit well with me.

Yea, if he hits you with a big punch in the 1st round it's over for his opponents. but fight smart and Roy Nelson is a walking punching bag after 5 minutes.

Miocic showed the blueprint to beating Roy. Box from the outside and keep utilizing lateral movements.

Now, Roy can regain my respect (not that what I think matters the slightest bit to Roy), but he can regain my respect if he works hard and dedicates himself in the gym like everyone else in MMA.

Get a nutritionist, eat vegetables... run and run and run. And eat more vegetables. Then show your fans you care about them by fighting at your peak physical condition.

Until then, he's going to be a joke in my eyes. And I have pretty eyes.

PS I have no idea what a sigbet is, but I'll put a hundred bucks on you through some site that Roy Nelson gets finished by DC. I'll look up the odds and give you info in a couple days.

Kongo was rocked in like every fight leading up to the Roy fight. Mitrione is god awful and took that fight on 2 weeks notice. What does it even matter? Yeah he wasnt rocked by those greats Tim Hague, Phil De Fries, Kimbo, Morecraft and Big Baby in his 5 fight career.

Here is your first sentence.
Roy has never KO'd anyone where you have to say Damn it takes tons of KO power to take out that guy.

That is a very straight forward statement without room for interpretation.
Kongo and Mitrione have never been "take(n) out" by anyone without "tons of KO power".

So, this is the part where you go. "I'm sorry my statement was inaccurate, thanks for bringing that to my attention."

Roy only has the classic puncher's chance. I'd give him about a 5-6% chance of that punch landing. If Roy doesn't land his overhand in the first round he always tires and gets beat on. I could see Cormier looking to take Nelson down and wear him out early to take his power away. No way in hell Nelson takes down DC. Nelson couldn't take Mir down (and got taken down repeatedly by Mir) and he's gonna take down the best wrestler in MMA?

Jones would have said the same about Gus.

To be fair, Gus didnt really shoot for a takedown. He got one from Jones being off-balance. I agree with your point though. The same thing can happen to Cormier.

This may be an interesting fight. Cormier seems to have fallen in love with his standup just like Nelson has. Nelson has a puncher's chance on their feet. If Cormier takes him down, we might finally get to see Nelson's ju jitsu.

Cormier is the obvious favorite.

if dc gets cocky he's gonna have a very shitty morning after that fight. you can't sleep on nelson man. war nelson and his beard of doom

DC doesnt get cocky. He gets the job done, even if that means having a non entertaining fight. He wont underestimate Roy and he will probably wrestle his way to a UD

Roy is going to get obliterated, it will look as if the fight shouldn't have even been sanctioned.

gotta go with cormier on that one. roy's not known for his TDs, and cormier is going to be a bitch to take down.

Back