Daniel Cormier Officially Signs With The UFC Ahead Of Strikeforce Bout

doherty

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Daniel-Cormier-Post-fight.jpg

During a recent appearance on MMAjunkie.com Radio, Cormier confirmed that he has signed a deal with the UFC, but that it is a "shorter contract" than usual.

"I could have said, 'I deserve to get a title shot right when I get there,' but it goes back to Dion Staring, after Dion, I don't it puts me in a position to ask for an immediate title shot."​

Read more...

Can't wait to see him in the UFC, he's going to have some epic fights.

Good to hear, but i think for timing and marketing purposes, he'll take fight before fighting for the title.

Good for him. I don't think he'll take the title, but he'll be top 5 at least for years to come

This is the right time. He's has quite a few options at either LHW or HW, but JDS vs. Cain result will force him into one or the other.

Awesome. DC is a handful for all the elite heavyweights. I think he poses serious problems to Cain, Reem, Werdum, Mir, etc.

Good to hear, but i think for timing and marketing purposes, he'll take fight before fighting for the title.

specially if Dos Santos beats Cain and Overeem beats Big Foot impressively(and doesn't test positive). Cormier could fight Mir or Nelson before.

I'm very interested in seeing him at LHW, so I hope he drops. But there are interesting matchups for him at HW as well

Good for him. Tune up fight and then a title shot to avenge Cains soon to be loss.

Can't wait-I dig the way Cormier fights.

cool. all 5 top hw's in the same org. i like it.

after Werdum v Nog and AO v BF, lots of fights to be made.

sux that TUF is yet again causing slowdowns, with Werdum & Nog out until June (and therefore not in the mix again until Oct 13 or so)

Werdum vs. Cormier for title eliminator after Overeem?

He is an instant contender.

SF roster to the UFC...life is good.

Back