Daniel Cormier is a more naturally talented fighter than Jon Jones.

DC didnt start mma until he was 31 years old. After a 5 year career, a 36 year old DC lost to a juiced up prime 27 year old Jon Jones who had been fighting for 7 years already.

DC lost by one round.

DC was at the end of his prime when he started mma. I submit that a 7 year 27 year old DC smokes a non juiced up version of the Jones he lost to.
He lost by 3 rounds.

Jones on the popeye

methodgetsjon-jones-07-16-13-11-20-49-468.jpg

Jones off the popeye

8KGvSCA.jpg

all of that while blowing coke and barely training. GOAT genetics bro, DC can't compare.

Most MMA fans are delusional morons.

To even qualify for the Olympic USA wrestling team requires a level of commitment and accomplishment that equals becoming a UFC champion.

To place 4th is a greater accomplishment than being a dominant light heavy weight champion.

And yes, these statements can be empirically validated by comparing the athlete pools in both respective sports.

We didn't see DC in his prime compete in MMA.

The version of DC we have today is a middle-aged fat man that suffered multiple bouts of depressive disorders.

I get where this is coming from but let's not pretend there are a whole host of countries that have A grade wrestlers or even have wrestling as a national sport. If they do have wrestling as a national sport a few of them could be considered third world countries. Being placed 4th at the Olympics is certainly not comparable to being a dominant light heavyweight champion. I'd sincerely disagree with you on that. Id liken Olympic caliber wrestling to your baseball "world" series.

I get where this is coming from but let's not pretend there are a while host of countries that have A grade wrestlers or even have wrestling as a national sport. If they do have wrestling as a national sport a few of them could be considered third world countries. Being placed 4th at the Olympics is certainly not comparable to being a dominant light heavyweight champion. I'd sincerely disagree with you on that. Id liken Olympic caliber wrestling to your baseball "world" series.

4th in wrestling = 4th in a talent pool of more than 10,000 elite athletes.

dominant light heavy weight champion = 1st in a talent pool of less than 1,000 light heavyweights.

guarantee you that in wrestling you wouldn't have guys like Travis Browne starting the sport at 26 years old (he has 0 martial arts experience before that ffs) and becoming top 10 ranked athletes.

what a fucking joke.

guarantee you that in wrestling you wouldn't have guys like Travis Browne starting the sport at 26 years old (he has 0 martial arts experience before that ffs) and becoming top 10 ranked athletes.

what a fucking joke.
I agree with this, but time after time the argument is made that mma only attracts B C or D level athletes due to the substantially low wages compared to other sports that a quality athlete could get into. If this is the case then what Is attracting these so called "a" level athletes to wrestling. They're mainly following through from high-school/college no? Well in the USA anyways? correct me if I'm wrong as I don't have the most in depth knowledge of wrestling.

I agree with this, but time after time the argument is made that mma only attracts B C or D level athletes due to the substantially low wages compared to other sports that a quality athlete could get into. If this is the case then what Is attracting these so called "a" level athletes to wrestling. They're mainly following through from high-school/college no? Well in the USA anyways? correct me if I'm wrong as I don't have the most in depth knowledge of wrestling.

wrestling has giant networks of schools supporting it.

it's an extra-curricular sport in almost every school.

More exposure to every single child, stronger cultural history, stronger institutions backing it etc.

Bones youngest champ ever. Other than DQ, never lost. Outside of Gus he pretty much steamrolled anyone he ever fought. This is coming from someone who has long disliked Jones. You are 100% false sir...
Let’s call him Jon the roid steamroller Jones!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThroughTheDakr
Back