Daniel Cormier: I needed that extra push from Cain"

his wrestling and clinch game was fine until he gassed.

No, it wasn't. He got taken down and couldn't take Jones down - and here's a funny thing: he took Jones down in the fifth. I guess he got his second wind?

No, it wasn't. He got taken down and couldn't take Jones down - and here's a funny thing: he took Jones down in the fifth. I guess he got his second wind?

Jones took down DC because he was on drugs.

Damn, this whole time I thought DC had Cain in his training camp for this fight.

I always thought that Rashad would have the best chance of beating Jones.

Although Gus put up the biggest challenge I do think that Cormier has the ability to beat Jones.

Yes it was, Jones tripped him in the first off of a kick nothing to do with wrestling and DC slammed Jones cause Jones was gassed at that point too.
He got taken down with a double against the fence you think if DC had a full gastank that would have ever happened? DC needed to swallow pride and admit that he wasn't gonna get him down. His inside boxing was working and he shouldn't have stuck to the grind strategy.

little did he know jones was getting a push from 'caine too ... old, yes i know ... fits this thread good tho ... and im probably late to the party

Yes it was, Jones tripped him in the first off of a kick nothing to do with wrestling and DC slammed Jones cause Jones was gassed at that point too.
He got taken down with a double against the fence you think if DC had a full gastank that would have ever happened? DC needed to swallow pride and admit that he wasn't gonna get him down. His inside boxing was working and he shouldn't have stuck to the grind strategy.

it's nitpicking at this point really. I'm not one of those who think Jones dominated Cormier - Cormier was doing fine. BUT considering Cormiers wrestling pedigree and what he was supposed to do to Jones with his wrestling, I simply cannot agree when someone says that Cormiers wrestling was just fine.

It wasn't, all things considered.

I see YOU do not understand what an excuse is. An excuse is a reason to be forgiven/excused from a loss, in this case. Saying that you didn't fight well enough and that your opponent was better than you, and then when being asked about how he feels about the fight and saying things which might have helped him, are not excuses.

He did not say "I lost to jones, but that was only because I didn't have cain"

He said that jones fought better than him, and he's disappointed in his own performance.He MAY have performed better if Cain helped him, but he wasn't excusing his loss because he didn't have Cain with him.

You're being an ass.

This. The guy is easily top 10 worst posters on this board.

Fact is jones is better an next fight will likely go the same

it's nitpicking at this point really. I'm not one of those who think Jones dominated Cormier - Cormier was doing fine. BUT considering Cormiers wrestling pedigree and what he was supposed to do to Jones with his wrestling, I simply cannot agree when someone says that Cormiers wrestling was just fine.

It wasn't, all things considered.

I knew before the fight DC wasn't gonna out-wrestle Jones but I had my suspicious that DC would be very succesful inside with his boxing which he was, his dirty boxing was on point when he was using the clinch as a means of striking. I don't know what happened but he stopped trying to land shots and just kept looking to advance position. Then the body shots mounted up and sapped his energy. Both guys were done in round 5, neither did anything they just tried to conserve the little energy they had.

Considering the weight of this fight it was a let down for me, neither guy shined and in the end it was a lackluster PPV.

Got taken down by Jones, when completely fresh. Coluldn't take Jones down while completely fresh.

I'm not saying his wrestling sucked, but it definitely wasn't "fine".

Fresh?? Cormier got taken down mid round 4

He's the most arrogant and delusional fighter I've seen.
Do your recall the things he did prefight?

He was hyping himself up and putting pressure on himself for the fight. Against a person who had mutual spite for him. His first "offense," if you can call it that.

And his conduct following the fight has been nothing short of humble. The things he did before do not discredit that.

Also Fallon is a troll and people need to respond accordingly (not at all)

Back