Daniel Cormier: "Gustafsson is the top challenger, and Jones wants no part of it."

lulz. I'm loving the two-man bullying job Gustafsson and Cormier are deploying on "Chicken Bones" Jones. I want to see Daniel fighting him first, but I'm OK with Gus getting the shot first.

Kind of pointless to compare the 2 divisions.

WW is stacked with potential contenders right now.

LHW is not. I mean, Jones fought 2 MWs back to back.

And even if it made sense to have Gus and DC fight in a #1 contenders match, we would have to wait until DC has knee surgery.

I guess some people don't mind if a healthy Jones sits out for a year.

Excellent point.

The same people complaining about Gus and Cormier not fighting now will be the same ones complaining when Jones defends next against Fabio Maldanado. The UFC knows it has two good fights lined up for Jones this year and I bet it aims to keep it that way. Next year will probably be Rumble if he continues to find success.

DC just knows that the quickest way to get new fans is to shit on Jones because his legions of haters will drink it up like the morons they are.

DC is acting like a kid now. He been asking for that JBJ fight and even went as far as asking him to skip the gus fight on that fox interview. All so he could be next. Now when he gets wind of that, he acts like jbj is scared etc. Such childish moves......

Last edited:
So what the fuck is up with all his bitching and begging on every Fox show then? How much did Dana pay him?

Interesting...youre saying a top 5 LHW contender and fox analyst must have been paid off by the UFC president because he commented on the LHW champion's recent trend of avoiding the top challenger?

Only on the internet....

One of the best fighters, but also No. 1 douchebag in the UFC atm.

....I feel old

.......I can remember a time when fighters FOUGHT whoever was in front of them....and didn't request certain challengers

-I wonder how much different mma history would have been if
-Randy said NO to chuck a 2nd time(he beat him pretty decisively the 1st time so what was the point)
-Matt hughes said no to GSP a 2nd time(he subbed him first go, why do a rematch)
-Pulver told bj to fck off(he beat him all 5rds first time..bj didn't DESERVE a rematch)
-Junior said cain should wait and that he thought Allistar was a tougher fight(he had already KO'd brown pride)

Becoming disillusioned with the sport

One of the best fighters, but also No. 1 douchebag in the UFC atm.

DC is the big baby in this story tbh. He calls out jbj to skip the gus fight. So dc is next. Then JBJ does exactly that. Then DC acts like jbj is scared of gus and that gus should be next. Thats kindergarten behaviour!

Daniel "man child" Cormier....

Nah its not nice and DC comes off as a clown in this one. I see Jones was correct about DC being a Drama Queen but goofballs will eat it up.

DC called out Jones and asked Jones to skip Gus to fight him and made a big issue about when he called up jones in a interview. He then goes to the press about the whole fiasco. Now he is making this story about jones not fighting Gus when he was the one pushing jones to skip Gus in the first place.

DC is a clown in this one but sherdog has never been a place for smart folks.

I fully expect to see the Robertson's in a blind outside the cage at Johnny boys next fight. Maybe have a promotional night where they hand out duck calls instead of walk out music.

Maybe Alex should have Duck Commander sponsor him. Put it all over his shorts

Nah its not nice and DC comes off as a clown in this one. I see Jones was correct about DC being a Drama Queen but goofballs will eat it up.

DC called out Jones and asked Jones to skip Gus to fight him and made a big issue about when he called up jones in a interview. He then goes to the press about the whole fiasco. Now he is making this story about jones not fighting Gus when he was the one pushing jones to skip Gus in the first place.

DC is a clown in this one but sherdog has never been a place for smart folks.

Could it just be that DC don't want a title fight cause of a messed up knee? That makes him a clown?

Duck_flies.gif

what is with the goose picture?

Did one of them grab the others butt cheeks

lol, he's just trying to make Jones look bad. But it seems like a miscalculated effort, since it makes him look silly, after all the callouts.

that's a silly way to look at things.

If you are near to being the #1 contender you should be calling out the champ and trying to get y our name in the dialogue. When Sonnan had the next shot V Anderson, Vitor was trying to get his name in there. You want to establish you are next and if the Contender goes down you want some hype behind you as the replacement.

But that does not mean Vitor or Cormier could not see who was indeed the top contender fight the UFC wanted to make and in Cormiers roll as also an analyst of this sport he can be honest about and not look silly.

....I feel old

.......I can remember a time when fighters FOUGHT whoever was in front of them....and didn't request certain challengers

-I wonder how much different mma history would have been if
-Randy said NO to chuck a 2nd time(he beat him pretty decisively the 1st time so what was the point)
-Matt hughes said no to GSP a 2nd time(he subbed him first go, why do a rematch)
-Pulver told bj to fck off(he beat him all 5rds first time..bj didn't DESERVE a rematch)
-Junior said cain should wait and that he thought Allistar was a tougher fight(he had already KO'd brown pride)

Becoming disillusioned with the sport

This is such an overreaction though. Jones WILL fight Gus again. It will happen folks, chill the hell out.

Back