Daniel Cormier Grateful the UFC Will Let Him Retire with the Belt After Beating Stipe

Should Stipe get to fight for the title immediately after he loses to Cormier (if he loses)?

• Total voters
So what happens if he wins? He obviously won't defend it so who does Ngannou fight for the vacant belt? Stipe shouldn't get an immediate rematch. And there's no one else that's qualified to fight for it.

It would probably be Stipe VS Ngannou ll, not that I agree with it.
If Stipe loses, he should be knocked down the line. Ngannou should fight for title for sure IMO. maybe JDS/Blades winner.
Dana doesn't seem to like Stipe, so not sure he get Francis for title. Plus he beat him before and Dana might not put that out. IDK.

UncomfortableInfatuatedBoa-size_restricted.gif

Hope Stipe KOs him again for even attempting to mess up a whole weight class. The real fight we all want to see is Ngannou Stipe II

If DC wins then Stipe is the #1 contender. Unless he's out with an injury, why shouldn't he fight for the vacant belt next?

Stipe v Ngannou 2, most likely.

Man, I love DC but that WWF bullshit he pulled after the fight with that ridiculous overreaction from the push from Brock just put a real bad taste in my mouth.

HW is so shallow and Stipe has earned it IMO, I normally am not a fan of immediate rematches.

This might all be in vain, however, if DC wins and then retires - which is what I would do.

I hope they don't make this trilogy

DC beating Stipe again and retiring with the belt would break my heart

“when I was going to fight Brock Lesnar and I said, ‘I’ll wait for Lesnar, and if Lesnar can’t go I’ll fight Stipe,’ I think it’s kind of the same thing (with him trying to fight Tyson Fury). But [the] reality is, it’s vastly different. Before, I was doing it, and now he is. Totally different. I mean, grow up, buddy."

First eye poke = point deduction
Second = DQ loss

Apply this to all fights.

Stipe fighting Fury is laughable.

DC retiring with the belt automatically places Francis in a title shot for a vacant title.

Stipe, basically has to face Francis again for no money and a concussion.

I predict, they both retire at the end of this fight... only to flip flop hours later.

If DC loses to Stipe again then he should retire. If Stipe loses to DC again and Ngannou Blaydes are still on W streaks then get back in line.

If Cormier wins
Ngannou vs Rozenstruik for title
Stipe vs Blaydes for #1 contender

I hope they don't make this trilogy

DC beating Stipe again and retiring with the belt would break my heart
Well..... Hop on ebay.com and see if tiu can buy a 2nd-hand heart (low mileage) because the UFC are *going* to make DC vs Miocic because it's what DC wants and Dana is letting DC do what he wants, and fair enough.

My guess is it's DC vs Stipe around March.
If DC wins then he retires in the cage and UFC will make Ngannou vs Someone for around May 2020. They'll prob be forced to offer it to Stipe but it also wouldn't surprise me if they stiffed Stipe (offering him 100 bucks for the figh...) and made it Ngannou vs Blaydes or Whoever Else.

In fact thinking about it.... I'll go further :

If Cormier beats Miocic in their 3rd title fight, and DC retires, then Dana will say 'sorry, no way' to Stipe in ANY vacant HW fight.

He's going to say "he just fought for the HW title and he just got beat, so... Back of the line for him".

Nightmare scenario for Dana is Stipe winning again. In which case he'll FORCE Stipe to face Ngannou again in his next fight.

While they are trying to force Stipe's team to fight soon, Stipe is recovering from an eye surgery and giving 0 fucks to all this bullshit. At the end of the day, doesn't matter if Dana says, Cormier says, they need to negotiate and wait for the real champ as much as he wants and thinks he is being well-compensated for fighting criminals like this Cormier.

Stipe is laughing and they are desperate. No news. Hoping for another divine justice and maybe this time Cormier will get out of the octagon without his fucking head.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRR STIPE!!
He waits too long they can just strip him. Just saying, its not like they havent done crazier shit in the past.

They already gave you that opportunity you greedy fuck. You instead took the Stipe fight and got knocked out and are looking for a replay because you fucked up the golden platter retirement that the UFC already gave you.

Fuck DC. He's wasted the HW championship's 2018, 2019, and now 2020 years on this back and forth farce.

He waits too long they can just strip him. Just saying, its not like they havent done crazier shit in the past.
Ok, no worries. DC vs Ngannou and end of story. How about that? ALL THE THINGS Cormier, his scum fans AND UFC don't want...

Make me laugh. Send more stupid jokes like those again, please.
{<jordan}

Let's hope dough boy finds a way to toughen up his soggy gut or its gonna be a real short night for him.

Also let's hope the athletic commission runs nonstop seminars for the refs on recognizing and penalizing eye pokes, or that Stipe just says screw it and gouges the shit out of DC's eyes as well.

Back