Dangerous and one of the best striking techniques.

R

Raphael05

I think one of the most dangerous of all standup techniques are the kicks especially head kicks and one of my favorite, the turning side kick or spinning back kick.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any strike can be effective & dangerous given the right practitioner.

Peter Graham's "rolling thunder" somersault kick is a testament to this. As are spinning hook kicks*, spinning back kicks, axe kicks, as well as your basic jab/ cross/ hook/ uppercut or basic round kick.

the best striking technique is the jab IMO

Bas Rutten would disagree with you. Personally, if i'm in a situation where you can only jab, and I can only throw my cross, I'll take the cross any time of day. I jab all day long, but it's most useful purpose IMO is to set up the real powerful shots.

The jab is the best strike, in terms of of power it would be a cross or a power hook.

He didn't say striking, he said stricking. What's the best stricking technique?

I think one of the most dangerous of all standup techniques are the kicks especially head kicks and one of my favorite, the turning side kick or spinning back kick.
I made a ham sandwich this afternoon. It was good.

I agree with TS, the most effective strike is a "**** punt", ergo kicks.

As an instructor of mine once said the best technique is the one that lands.

in all honesty, any strike executed poorly or lazy is dangerous. Obviously some are more risky because of their level of complexity when it comes to proper execution and timing. But nonetheless, as a striker you must constantly evaluate risk vs. reward and look for opportunities.

Kicks, are no more dangerous than punches if used correctly and properly thrown head kicks are often well worth the risk to gain the reward. Again, the opponent, the rules dictating the fight (MMA, MT, ETC....) and your individual ability all play a more significant role in the risk of any one strike, than does the strike itself.

As an instructor of mine once said the best technique is the one that lands.

Agreed! add to that "the best technique is the one that lands your opponent on his ass with a view of the ceiling"

I think the answer to this question is quite simple:

bsjcvd02.gif

Dim Mak. No question.

i am nothing without my jab and my right lowkick

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back