dang fitch just retired

An excellent fighter. Good luck to Fitch in the future.

he didnt say he was 100% retired, he said it MIGHT be his last fight. he wants to talk to a doctor about the mri scan

he looked good though

I'm really baffled by the fact that Fitch beat Jake Shields. It makes no sense to me.

Look at what Maia did to Fitch, compared to his fight with Shields. Look at BJ Penn taking Fitch down repeatedly. Look at Josh Burkman submttting Fitch.

Yet he won a clear-cut decision over Shields?

I'm really baffled by the fact that Fitch beat Jake Shields. It makes no sense to me.

Look at what Maia did to Fitch, compared to his fight with Shields. Look at BJ Penn taking Fitch down repeatedly. Look at Josh Burkman submttting Fitch.

the triangle is complete
Maia>Fitch>Shields>Maia

Always liked Fitch, that whooping he put on Silva was fun to watch.

Wait how the hell did he beat Shields?

AS a huge Fitch fan (yes, we do exist) I am gutted to hear this. He looked to be getting it back together a bit and I was hoping he would have another serious WW run. Sucks to hear but you gotta do what you gotta do.
I'm with ya. Big fan here too.

Fitch defended his wsof title against Jake Shields and said this is his last fight because of mri scans
I'm seriously surprised he lasted this long after what gsp did to him

I remember after that fight I said fitch lost at least 5 years of his life after tonight.

I hope he has some cash stored away or another career lined up.

It appeared to me that he had some outside help.

Sad day for MMA. I don't care what anyone says about his fight. The man is underrated and one of the best. Would have been champ if GSP didn't exist. 'Embrace the Grind'

I'll never forgive Big Rigg, just like I've never forgiven Anderson for what he did to Rich.

<2>

The second best welterweight in GSPs era. A great career.
Well said. Undeniable.

It was terrible reading all the stuff about financial issues before the Erik Silva fight. He was one of teh best for so long and it really put what they earn in perspective.

I'm seriously surprised he lasted this long after what gsp did to him

I remember after that fight I said fitch lost at least 5 years of his life after tonight.

I hope he has some cash stored away or another career lined up.
he said its a maybe that he will retire hes not sure but hes getting old 39 damn!

he said its a maybe that he will retire hes not sure but hes getting old 39 damn!
Either way awesome fighter. Wish he was never cut from the UFC.
39 already eh

I guess we're all getting old now lol

I'm happy he actually got to get his hands on a belt

Same thing happened to Rashad Evans, MRI anamoly. Better safe than sorry. Too think these guys don't get brain damage after multiple hits to the head is silly. Some will definitely have issues. That's why it's good to call it quits before you take unnecessary punishment. Chuck got out at the right time. It's crazy because how many times has Fitch been KO'd stuff in his career? Like 3 times? Rashad even less. But that's counting totally big shots absorbed in fights and training. This is why I didn't become a pro fighter. repeated blows to the head are bad for your health.

Either way awesome fighter. Wish he was never cut from the UFC.
39 already eh

I guess we're all getting old now lol

I'm happy he actually got to get his hands on a belt
yeep i remember when he fought gsp i was like damn fitch is on a hell of a run thought he had a good chance to win the belt

yeep i remember when he fought gsp i was like damn fitch is on a hell of a run thought he had a good chance to win the belt
Ya the UFC would be so different without gsp. Fitch would have took the belt at the time and defended it a few times for sure

Back