Dana's thoughts on Diaz-McGregor rubber match....

Bork Lazer

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
"The problem with the rubber match is Diaz is a 170 pounder. He's a massive guy. Conor is a very talented guy, he's very, very good. Every time he goes out there he looks better... [But] we should have never done it in the first place. That's what weight classes are for. They wanted to do it, we did it. They wanted to do it again, we did it again. They're 1-1. There's only so many of those wars you can be in in your career. It takes a lot out of you. Some guys go into wars like that and they're never the same after it. Look at Meldrick Taylor when he fought Julio Cesar Chavez. He was never the same after that fight. We've had those type of fights too. I believe that Rory MacDonald was never the same after the Robbie Lawler fight. That fight ruined him. I don't want to do that to someone special like Conor McGregor. It's just not right."

http://www.mmamania.com/2016/12/23/...ll-rubber-match-against-massive-nate-diaz-ufc

Oh lawdy. Playing up the "NATE WAS TREE TIMES ME SIZE" narrative still, I see.

Thoughts?

I don't want to do that to someone special like Conor McGregor. It's just not right.

God forbid a professional fighter has tough fights. It just wouldn't be right.

<2>

oh haha, Dana is full of sh*t, nothing new....

Nate needs to get a few decent/good wins at 155 before I'm interested in a rubber match.

VJnQGkF.png

Why can't Dana just call out Nate like he used to, and say that the fight doesn't make any sense? Nate refuses to fight anybody, and hold up his status in the division. Other guys are active and beating multiple guys in the division. Dana needs to go back to treating Nate how he did before the Johnson fight happened. Nate finally got his act together, and then got lucky with those Conor fights and now he is back to wasting his career. He has no business being in any fights with Conor. He never did in the first place.

The problem with a rubber match is that Conor doesn't have anything to gain from it, Nate isn't a title contender and he will make virtually the same money against any other fighter. It would be fun to see again but it's a fight against a bigger guy that would hold up the 155lbs division.

Yeah.........I mean it's like Nate has never fought at LW or something.

Dana gonna Dana.

The problem with a rubber match is that Conor doesn't have anything to gain from it, Nate isn't a title contender and he will make virtually the same money against any other fighter. It would be fun to see again but it's a fight against a bigger guy that would hold up the 155lbs division.
Nate is a f*cking 155er.....

stop calling him a bigger guy ffs.....

Nate Diaz hasn't been a WW in years, and when he was he literally got rag dolled out of the weight class.

Nate and Conor are both natural LW's and it's pretty obvious. Dana trying to sell the point that McGregor has a legit win over a 170'er, when in reality he doesn't because he's one and one with a true 155'er.

Dana's thoughts on Diaz-McGregor rubber match huell-money-breaking-bad.jpg

(insert mandatory huge Nate 6'2 feet tall vs. 5'2 Conor)

Lol. I'm a Conor fan, but there is so much bullshit in that statement. Wow Dana. Every once in awhile I still get surprised at something you're willing to say. He's told way bigger whoppers in his day, but rarely one so clearly and verifiably bullshit.

Nate is a LW, not a WW, does Dana not know what weight class Nate fights in?

he does have a point...Conor has to look like a bodybuilder to barely scratch the 170 mark while Nate looks skinny.

WHatever...they were good fights but they add no trophy to conor`s legacy.

What a crock.

Nate is a natural LW, ffs.

I can't handle listening to the bullshit that asshole spews.

Lol. I'm a Conor fan, but there is so much bullshit in that statement. Wow Dana. Every once in awhile I still get surprised at something you're willing to say. He's told way bigger whoppers in his day, but rarely one so clearly and verifiably bullshit.

Respect.

Nate is a f*cking 155er.....

stop calling him a bigger guy ffs.....

Nate-1.jpg

Nate is pretty obviously a bigger guy, of course, I don't buy the three sizes bigger, but he's definitely at least a weight class above him

No word on Conor fighting smaller dudes at 145. Im shocked

Back