Dana's reasons for NO Fedor in UFC

Let's face it.

We all love Fedor, we all hate Dana.

But Fedor missed on a huge opportunity, to make huge money, to make a bigger name around the world. Also, who knows where he would be now? Maybe retired undefeated.

Troof is, Vladim is a moron, and Fedor messed up.

Where is M-1 Global now? Shit, Strikeforce got to fire Fedor, that's about as low as it gets.

The fact is Fedor was the best and Dana chose to be an asshole to the wrong person.

Let's face it.

We all love Fedor, we all hate Dana.

But Fedor missed on a huge opportunity, to make huge money, to make a bigger name around the world. Also, who knows where he would be now? Maybe retired undefeated.

Troof is, Vladim is a moron, and Fedor messed up.

Where is M-1 Global now? Shit, Strikeforce got to fire Fedor, that's about as low as it gets.

Messed up? I'd like to make millions, have my own training gym built for me , own part of an mma company still popular in Europe. If that's what you call messed up , I'll take it any day of the week.

As always, the truth lies somewhere in the middle. Fedor's management had grandiose expectations and nationalistic interests, and Dana had cynical doubts about Fedor's economic worth to accompany his ego-mania. The end result for fans is that we never saw Fedor fight in the UFC, and people stuck pointing fingers at each other over it.

I can't think of anything more paradigmatic of Russian-American relations, or politics in general (other than Rocky IV of course).

qft

I would have loved to see Fedor fight in the UFC, but then again, we did see him fight under the Zuffa banner in Strikeforce and you guys know what happened. He got exposed

I blame that spineless sack of sheet Vadim.

Long live Fedor.

(That said, Fedor should have done away with that creepy entourage of his and just signed with Zuffa. Maybe Vadim's the mafia or something.)

Contract and archive rights.

They wanted Strikeforce's talent and their fight library.

It also shows they can just outright buy the competition, which makes them look even more dominant.

And it encourages upstarts, which work indirectly as farm leagues for the UFC. Creating a new company and selling it for a large profit is pretty much the modern-day American dream.

[YT]5mloCW9S1f0[/YT]

Here he talks why he didnt sing wit the UFC. + Dana disrespected him and his friends. Also i doubt the offered him more money that he got elsewhere. He made 5.5 mil from the Rizzo & Monson fights, thats hell of a lot more than UFC has ever paid anyone.

UFC's offer was 6 fights worth 30 million if we won all 6 fights.

M-1 said no, we also want co-promotion, and we will split all profits 50-50.

Dana said no, you can use your logo and put it anywhere you want, no co-promotion. They said DISRESPECT.

UFC's offer was 6 fights worth 30 million if we won all 6 fights.

M-1 said no, we also want co-promotion, and we will split all profits 50-50.

Dana said no, you can use your logo and put it anywhere you want, no co-promotion. They said DISRESPECT.

So Dana has never said how much they offered him, yet you know it's 30 million? Were you a lawyer in the negotiations and have some inside information?

Know why? Because UFC was hoping to expand in the territories M-1 wanted to "co-promote" in. In fairness and fact UFC and M-1 were never equal partners; UFC had no reason to concede the terms M-1 wanted. But M-1 was never a threat to UFC, even if they co-promoted for a couple fights. Bottom line is that neither party cared enough to concede relatively inconsequential terms.

Copromotion wasn't just about threats of M-1 taking on the UFC. M-1 wanted half of all revenue generated by the 6 cards Fedor was going to fight in. Thats a non-starter.

To my knowledge Dana have never met Fedor face to face.
So all talks and negotiations went between Dana + lawyers and vadim + lawyers.
We can play the blame game for years on this one, it wont change anything.
I personally believe Vadim was looking out for HIS interest first and Fedors second.

And no matter what kids... remember this... it is always (Always) about the money.

So Dana has never said how much they offered him, yet you know it's 30 million? Were you a lawyer in the negotiations and have some inside information?

http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2009/07...-down-six-fight-30-million-deal-with-the-ufc/

Wasn't hard to find a source, are you too lazy to Google?

Now, that source doesn't have the whole story. The offer was not a flat $30 million. $30 million is what he would have made had he won all 6 fights. I don't feel like finding more sources for you, so you can look it up if you like.

Fedor is still the King Of Kings. Whether Dana likes it or not. Even the best 2 UFC HW fighters know he was the GOAT.

This gets old with Fedor fans.

Yes, he was a great fighter and the HW Goat (such an over used term in MMA) but calling him the king of kings sounds lame.

If only only his fans could be as humble as he is. Fedors fan base and the man himself couldnt be anymore different,there complete polar opposites

I might think Fedor's overrated and all and his legacy is certainly tarnished by not fighting in the UFC but I think it would have been worth it for Dana to suck it up and take the ridiculous offer. At that time Brock PPV's were doing amazing numbers against the likes of Mir and Carwin who aren't nearly as popular as Fedor. Regardless of co promotion for 6 fights Brock v Fedor and Fedor fighting other greats like Carwin, Mir and the up and comers like JDS and Cain would have been through the roof. So the blame needs to be split on both sides because while the deal was horrible and Fedor's stupid for allowing himself to be represented by those people there's a point where Dana should have said screw it and just did the deal and hoped for the best.

KJ vs. Jorge was one of the best full wind up KO punches ever.

Whoops. Wrong thread.

I might think Fedor's overrated and all and his legacy is certainly tarnished by not fighting in the UFC but I think it would have been worth it for Dana to suck it up and take the ridiculous offer. At that time Brock PPV's were doing amazing numbers against the likes of Mir and Carwin who aren't nearly as popular as Fedor. Regardless of co promotion for 6 fights Brock v Fedor and Fedor fighting other greats like Carwin, Mir and the up and comers like JDS and Cain would have been through the roof. So the blame needs to be split on both sides because while the deal was horrible and Fedor's stupid for allowing himself to be represented by those people there's a point where Dana should have said screw it and just did the deal and hoped for the best.

That's why you are not in a position of authority. You think the UFC should have given M-1 50% of ALL profits from 6 fight cards? Are you insane? They would lose so much money it's laughable.

UFC pays their fighters shit, Fedor made more with M1. Vadim is a damn good manager.

That's why you are not in a position of authority. You think the UFC should have given M-1 50% of ALL profits from 6 fight cards? Are you insane? They would lose so much money it's laughable.

50% of PPV profits not all profits. Then again the UFC probably could have got M-1 to accept well less than that but the UFC stopped negotiations due to the whole idea of co promotion they never got down to negotiating how much M-1 would have got. No the UFC wouldn't have lost money on cards that would do amazing live gates and north of 1.5 million PPV's they just would have made a lot less. Which still would be well more than they make on a standard PPV today. I'm not saying the deal wasn't ridiculous but it wouldn't have been an unmitigated disaster for the UFC they would have still made more money on those fights than the cards they ended up putting on in that time period for the majority of the time.

UFC pays their fighters shit, Fedor made more with M1. Vadim is a damn good manager.

Show me where Fedor made more. Fedor admit's the UFC offered him way more money. GSP makes more in a year than Fedor made in his career. The UFC offered Fedor a better contract that GSP has. If Fedor won all 6 fights he was looking at $30 million BEFORE sponsorship money.

Back