Dana's reaction to Ronda's loss to Amanda reminds me of his reaction to Lesnar's loss to Overeem

Lawblaw

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
He doesn't care no more about his cash cow like he cared after their previous loss (Holly/Cain) because he know they're done so he's hyping their opponent.

Dana was kept on as a transitional thing, he's not gonna be there much longer. He has no reason to care.

Dana is laughing all the way to the bank, at Rondas expense but hey....most satisfying 48 seconds, worth every penny.

Why would he care?

There will always be someone new to pump up.

Because there's no guarantee they'll be as big of stars and draws as the person they beat were. He also seems impressed and enamoured on a personal level with Ronda, so it was probably hard to watch her go from being a goddess to getting decimated twiice in a row.

Thats cause he knows shes done. That cow is dead and they are concocting the plan to hype Cody next.

Ronda puts butts in seats than Nunes can and will. Scary lesbian ... vs good ol blond Olympic star

Because there's no guarantee they'll be as big of stars and draws as the person they beat were. He also seems impressed and enamoured on a personal level with Ronda, so it was probably hard to watch her go from being a goddess to getting decimated twiice in a row.

Nah, he knows the deal. Somebody new is coming right around the corner.

Why would he care?

There will always be someone new to pump up.
Why do you care about money from your last paycheck? Throw it in the trash. There will always be more.

Of course he cares, regardless of whether there will be someone new to pump up.

Why do you care about money from your last paycheck? Throw it in the trash. There will always be more.

Of course he cares, regardless of whether there will be someone new to pump up.

I've thrown plenty of money away and luckily i'm always going to make more but the fight business is much different than mine.

That's the way the fight game works though every fighter gets old and retires you can't expect to have these big stars forever. You gotta know that right away and Dana does know that. I'm sure he'd prefer to have the stars winning over and over but this isn't fake shit this real life combat. He knows the best will rise to the top no matter who the popular one is.

There will be plenty more stars rising up.

None of that contradicts what I said. I assure you he wanted Ronda to win much more than Nunes, and even now is disappointed.

Oh i totally agree with that but i'm just saying he knows this shit is gonna happen. It doesn't bother him THAT much. He'd prefer stars to win for sure. I agree with you no doubt.

But it's not gonna bother him long as he knows none of these fighters last anyway. You aren't wrong i'm just adding that he's not stopping or crying about it.

You give a transitional thing, 10% of a company you just paid 4 billion to acquire?
I'm not pretending to know all the detail, but from my understanding he is mostly cashed out.
Quick find from the L.A. Times

"The Fertittas will retain a small, passive minority ownership interest, but White, 46, will return an undisclosed portion of his 9% stake in UFC and continue as president, minority owner, day-to-day promoter and the face of the sport."

I just came in here to say fook Edmond.

I'm not pretending to know all the detail, but from my understanding he is mostly cashed out.
Quick find from the L.A. Times

"The Fertittas will retain a small, passive minority ownership interest, but White, 46, will return an undisclosed portion of his 9% stake in UFC and continue as president, minority owner, day-to-day promoter and the face of the sport."
"Sources tell ESPN that White's new deal is for five years and for nine percent of the company's net profits. The deal also gives White incentive to further grow the business instead of having a locked-in salary."

Back