Dana's feelings on TJ vs. Cejudo translated

Titleboxe

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Translation: "Where is Mazzagatti when you need him? *sniff sniff* or even Mario 'To The Death' Yamasaki? *sobs uncontrollably*"

Dana White slams 'early stoppage' in Henry Cejudo vs. T.J. Dillashaw title fight

“I’m not taking anything away from Cejudo, because the fight went 20 seconds and Cejudo busted him up,” White said. “I’m sure you saw (Dillashaw) sitting here; he looks like he was in a three-round fight. But Jesus Christ, let them fight. I thought it was an early stoppage”

“You’ve got two of the best guys in the world, two world champions in a superfight. Let them fight; let them finish. Horrible stoppage”

If the kongo Barry fight continued with kongo coming back to win surely Tj should have been given the chance.

If Maynard vs edgar fight continued surely Tj should have been given the chance

Rumor has it TJs wife and kid were seen leaving with cejudo in his limo

Yikes

Let TJ get flattened out and KO'd. That is what he signed up for.

The only thing he's been honest about lately.

giphy.gif

The fact Dana is crying about it only makes it that much better.

My only rooting interest in this fight was that I thought it was a bitch move going down in weight to try to collect a second belt. Compared to how he's behaved since, that was the least bitch made thing TJ did last night. But Dana looking like an asshat for trying to give his boy a second title right before shutting down a (better) division is just so sweet.

If the kongo Barry fight continued with kongo coming back to win surely Tj should have been given the chance.

The question isn't if the fight could've gone on, the question is did the ref see enough to warrant the stoppage and the answer is yes.

TJ only has himself to blame because he never improved position, was knocked down multiple times, and was unable to avoid punches (Cejudo landed 90% after the initial knock down).

The ref was doing his job that night which is to protect the fighter when he is unable to protect himself

you could also make the point the other way. Valentina S beat the brakes off that one chic for way too long. Neil Magny beat the breaks off Hector Lombard for way too long. List goes on

Back