Dana White's Tuesday Night Contender Series (6 thru 8)

I guess we'll see tonight. I don't doubt you but I have to see it to believe it. His sub wins in MMA have been against an 0-10 guy and an 0-2 guy.

He trains at a good camp so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and his sub loss was to a really really good pure grappler so I don't hold that against him.
I think he gets the win via ground and pound

Might play some dogs in Wallace and Olson, Byrd was grappled and taken down in his first Dana white fight even though he is suppose to have a wrestling background, and Reed is getting a lot of hype because he is training with Wonderboy, but he really hasn't shown much. Olson will push the pace and I can see him trying to clinch/grapple Reed. Yes Reed has a wrestling background but if Olson gets in close that will take away Reed's karate kicking style, taking away Reed's attacks on the feet.

Might play some dogs in Wallace and Olson, Byrd was grappled and taken down in his first Dana white fight even though he is suppose to have a wrestling background, and Reed is getting a lot of hype because he is training with Wonderboy, but he really hasn't shown much. Olson will push the pace and I can see him trying to clinch/grapple Reed. Yes Reed has a wrestling background but if Olson gets in close that will take away Reed's karate kicking style, taking away Reed's attacks on the feet.

i think reed will be very happy if a middleweight tries to wrestle with him.

Feel similar to what was posted previous page about Reed with wacks opinion, reed comes across quite laboured and slow, maybe he is pacing himself with that big muscle and size mass? Sure he has the good wrestling resume and looks the part but Olson is no slouch with his output and take downs and also has a wrestling background also.

Byrd has shown he sometimes gives up positions and I noticed wallace is excellent at taking guys backs and sinking in rnc, its his fav move. Otherwise byrd should get his 2nd shot and win here, ufc really like him.

Was unable to see Colleens last fight, its on fight pass but they left her fight cut out ? Only decent tape on Colleen is her staring contest for 20 minute against Danielle taylor in which she knocked her out with a nice counter, even then Colleen showed very few leg kicks (probably didn't want to get taken down, rest was a staring contest it felt) Maybe people are feeling since Masters is more of an grinding wrestler with basic striking and Colleen being a kickboxer/striker she gets the job done more ? Masters to me may do well with her wrestling here but no tape on Colleen especially her tdd so hard to be confident in it.

Dawson trains with ufcs Krause and others, good wrestling, bjj and cardio but basic striking, diaz feels he may have a similar set of skills but better striking. Still I feel dawson sets up his striking well with his take downs.

Damn, Reed at -250..that line is off, I don't think he should be that much of a fav.

Do people realized Reed just went to a decision against a 2-4 fighter. Over for me in this fight, maybe Olson ml, haven't decided.

First parlay:
Charles Byrd
Karl Reed
165$ to win 290$

second parlay
Charles Byrd
Karl Reed
Jamie Colleen
35$ to win 97$

Byrd -210 2.1u

Reed -145 2.5u

Day/Alvarez U1.5 +120 .5u

Colleen -150 1u

man diaz looks fucking small for 145 pounds, any footage of dawson's weigh in?

k i'm way behind on dana white #6 here, doing my own wiki-capping and watching some recent fight vids of everyone..

the only guys i know going into this are alvarez (from tuf) and byrd (from dana white #1)

have seen no odds or people's commentary (i'll catch up after i finish doing this and writing what i find)

byrd - we saw him in dana white #1.. muscled/athletic dude who favors takedowns and top game. pretty explosive. might slow down quite a bit after a round or so
wallace - VERY short notice (couple days?) he's mostly a tough dude who's pretty decent all around, not great anywhere. the VERY first fight i saw of his, he was getting taken down at will (trevino) -- not a good sign against byrd? but he outlasted trevino, who gassed in 2nd and got tapped as a result
conclusion: expecting byrd to be a decently sized favorite here, -200 at least. if he's less, i will prolly bet him. no strong lean if (assuming) o/u is 1.5. i'd say i'd go O1.5 if +money if not for the extreme short notice, but given that, man, idk.

olson - seems like primarily a top game grappler. i'm still not quite sure how he was KTFO by the grazing shot that almost missed from marquez, lol. (yea yea, kinda hit him behind the ear, we've seen it put guys away, yada yada) -- but questionable toughness on that one for me. but it is his only ko loss. but yea, he needs to get takedowns and work for his arm triangle etc, i think. he's got a good one.
reed - big mofo, more of a true 205'er than olson (assuming this is 205?) either way, he's bigger than olson. and he's just 1-0 as a pro, but in his amateur fights (into which i normally dont put much stock) -- he shows a lot of everything. he shows a gastank (went the distance more than once that i saw skipping thru fight vids) and some big striking at times (i.e. the walkoff headkick KO).. but who the f knows, dude's 1-0 as a pro.
expecting it to be close to evens? if so, no clue. expecting o/u to again be 1.5.. and again, idk what to do.

diaz - alpha male product apparently? just coming off of a guillotine of "google me, bitch"...seems like he has weapons everywhere.. some decent striking, last 3 fights via guillotines, heh. VERY experienced for dana white show etc.. he's fought gibson, fili, couple other names. i'm fairly impressed, no major weakness in his game, besides MAYBE tdd and MAYBE lack of ko power in his hands (but he seems fairly durable/decent cardio)
dawson - first thing(s) i notice on his fight history is a: he's young, 23.. definitely less experienced than diaz.. and almost all of his fights end quickly. 42 seconds off of being all 12 fights being U1.5 (which instantly makes me wanna look at the Under here) -- in watching some of his fights, this kid is ALL OFFENSE, NO DEFENSE.
expecting diaz to be a slight favorite w/his experience edge etc? but maybe close? i'm lookin to bet this under, tho, i think. i would prolly take either guy as a decent dog here, +150 or better

masters: i have no idea. i watched one fight on fight pass of hers and she got her back taken standing and tapped in 28 seconds, lol. she's 2-0. i have no clue.
she looked pretty soft in that fight, too. and young.
colleen - lol, 3-1 with all 4 being LATE finishes. 1-1 with danielle taylor (midget girl in ufc) girl trains out of renzo's i think? and is from philly? mostly a striker..
i'm prolly taking colleen if she's a small favorite. no clue on o/u. f this fight in general, tho.

day - another hawaiian dude. trains with smolka, doane, etc i think? pretty lanky like smolka etc. seems like he's fairly well rounded .. looks pretty young.. went out a bit easily to GnP in his only loss. seems like he has a lot more power in his kicks than his punches.
alvarez - definitely fancies himself a striker. att product. fought better dudes than day but has never really impressed me.
expecting close odds, i guess.. might take either dude +150 or better. might take the U1.5 if evens, i think they're gonna throw down.

big props to @Tebowned for doing a lot of the legwork for me (and everyone) in finding fight vids

ok, looking at odds..

was right on byrd-wallace, which means: no clue how i'm gonna bet that

was wrong on olson-reed, wow, people hammering reed.. time to read up and find out what i didn't know (other than that he's got physical advantages etc) -- dude's 1-0.. maybe he's got some background i don't know about?

for SURE hitting U1.5 +110 on dawson fight. kid is all offense. might play dawson +145, too (lol he dropped from +145 to +135 and U1.5 to +102 AS i wrote this) -- ok, took U1.5 +102

took colleen -135
-- there's prolly something i just don't know about with masters but i'll just keep this one small, taking that and done w/the fight, i think.

taking some on day +170 as i said i would

k, reading everyone else's thoughts now

ok, looking at odds..

was right on byrd-wallace, which means: no clue how i'm gonna bet that

was wrong on olson-reed, wow, people hammering reed.. time to read up and find out what i didn't know (other than that he's got physical advantages etc) -- dude's 1-0.. maybe he's got some background i don't know about?

for SURE hitting U1.5 +110 on dawson fight. kid is all offense. might play dawson +145, too (lol he dropped from +145 to +135 and U1.5 to +102 AS i wrote this) -- ok, took U1.5 +102

took colleen -135
-- there's prolly something i just don't know about with masters but i'll just keep this one small, taking that and done w/the fight, i think.

taking some on day +170 as i said i would

k, reading everyone else's thoughts now

Only cons for Colleen to me is long layoff and she's quite a bit older.

Byrd too juiced

Dawson and Diaz both suck. Diaz sucks a little less but his tdd is shit which is all Dawson will be going for. Pass.

About to watch tape on the rest

dawson small +135
dawson U1.5 +102

day +170
day U1.5 small +112

colleen small

o/u RR (small) on the 4 unders + the girls over

Last edited:
Back