Dana White's history of claiming fighters doesn't wanna fight

he is right in a sense, but he's paraphrasing. What I think it all means is they don't want to fight that opponent, In that Location (taxes), at this time, or for this amount of money or any other combinations of these things. however if this fighter REALLY wanted to fight, they'd sign it any way.

Dana is like a politician. Like said earlier.....he omits info not providing context.

I think that's the private part of the negotiation that the signing party can disclose if they wish.

If dustin for example wanted to say "negotiations are failing because they aren't willing to pay me what I'm asking (followed by disclosing how much he's asking for) " or "I got taxed too much last time fighting in abu dabhi" Then we'd know the actual reason why the fight isn't getting made. until then it's he say/she say.

Last edited:
Dana White can say whatever he wants because the majority of fans will believe him anyhow so whats the downside with lying?

Also:

Even funnier was when Dana pulled Conor from the rematch because he didn't show up to a press conference, that voided the contract he had with Nate. So when Dana called to reschedule, Nate told him the price went up. :D

He also insisted Dana take him out for a steak dinner and allow himself to get Stockton slapped.

PalatableAppropriateIzuthrush-size_restricted.gif

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/15/sports/nate-diaz-ufc-241-pettis.html

It's Dana's go to response and probably his 2nd-most used phrase following closely behind #1. "We'll see what happens"

It's a scumbag tactic designed to make fighters look bad and also to keep us the fans/public in the dark about the exact numbers involved that led to the fighter 'not wanting to fight'.

Dana White is like a heel general manager on like RAW or Smackdown.

Sometimes he makes sense money-wise, but ultimately everything is done to screw the fighters is some way.

He needs to get sued and lose millions. His job is to promote, not defame fighters saying they're too scared to fight. "_____ doesn't want anything to do with______" is implying someone's scared.

It's his way of shifting blame - so and so doesn't want to fight. Fans hear this and assume that they're not wanting to fight (not taking in to context that it's a money issue and that they'd fight if they were getting what they asked).

Makes the fighter look bad and dana as just the messenger. Much easier to blame the fighter rather than say "he wants more money we aren't going to give it to him"

Please put each one of those into context please

I remember after the Hendricks fight, Dana was bad mouthing GSP saying he got transported to the hospital... A couple minutes GSP strolls in. Dude was so salty that he retired.

Lol, fuckin classic.

Says a lot when someone will try to throw another person under the bus, a few minutes after the person being thrown under the bus just made him millions by risking his own well-being.

Back