Dana White's history of claiming fighters doesn't wanna fight

He is notoriously considered a liar in the MMA community.

Hard to deny this. I remember the whole Reem/JDS debacle. Then Reem knocked him out...

Same with the Cyborg one especially aswell. I think once she got beat by Nunes she didnt want any part of the rematch.

Regarding Askren aswell I think he even said himself recently he should have came over sooner.

Persoanlly I dont believe Dustin is backing down from Tony but interesting to see all the quotes together.

You are making it deep. For me, Dana White's tactics are obvious.

Clearly not, you asked why Dana only mentions this about the bigger draws.

I think most of thought it was pretty obvious why that is.

Youre trying to be the smartest guy in the room but we all already knew the answer.

Orrrr, he gets asked questions about fights fans want to see and he explains why the two havent agreed to fight.
That's what a shill would say.

Its not as deep as you're making it.

Orrrr, he gets asked questions about fights fans want to see and he explains why the two havent agreed to fight.

Its not as deep as you're making it.

He's clearly being disingenuous when he says fighters are hiding, running don't want to fight etc.

They are aware of how social media works to promote fights. Dana knows implying a fighter "doesn't wanna fight" will result in that fighter being bombarded by people Calling them scared etc..

He does this when he pissed that negotiations are taking too long or they fell through. It's not that complicated

Last edited:
He's clearly being disingenuous when he says figjters are hiding, running don't want to fight etc.

They are aware of how social media works to promote fights. Dana knows implying a fighter "doesn't wanna fight" will result in that fighter being bombarded by people Calling them scared etc..

He does this when he pissed that negotiations are taking to long or they fell through. It's not that complicated

As I said though, if you look at the original post he was correct in most cases.

JDS/Reem took like 3 years to materialise.

Cyborg ducked the Nunes rematch.

Askren didnt join the UFC for like 4 more years.

Jones didnr want the immediate Gus rematch when everyone felt it was warranted.

Obviously he does it as a negotiation tactic but also theres some truths to it.

He's just like any other business owner, defend the company at all costs. Why is this surprising?

Funny that when it came to Conor he chose his words differently, "Conor does what he wants. Isn't he fuckin awesome?"

Funny that when it came to Conor he chose his words differently, "Conor does what he wants. Isn't he fuckin awesome?"

I took Conor being "too small" for the former LW Masvidal as pretty much "he dont want that fight"

He's been throwing that phrase around practically from the moment he became president, starting with Tito at the start of his rivalry with Chuck. It might have been partially true at the onset but Tito ended up fighting Chuck three times so that claim was thoroughly debunked.

He's been throwing that phrase around practically from the moment he became president, starting with Tito at the start of his rivalry with Chuck. It might have been partially true at the onset but Tito ended up fighting Chuck three times so that claim was thoroughly debunked.

I think in that situation Tito had no choice but to fight Chuck if he ever wanted that belt back.

Tito kinda backed himself into a corner.

I know Dana says it for lot but Tito is still the most blatent duck ive seen, maybe besides GDR.

I think in that situation Tito had no choice but to fight Chuck if he ever wanted that belt back.

Tito kinda backed himself into a corner.

I know Dana says it for lot but Tito is still the most blatent duck ive seen, maybe besides GDR.

That was well before Dana had a reputation of being a habitual liar and quite possibly the only time he was being 100% honest when busting out the "he doesn't want to fight" claim. I mentioned that one particularly because it happened to be true and there was a universal agreement on that from fans, but it's probably the only time that has occurred.

It's a method to put public pressure on a fighter to lowball him.
Pretty dirty

Technically Dana has a right to say that. The fighters sign a X length of a contract for XXX amount per fight. Then try to renegotiate depending on circumstance. So technically, when Dana says a fighter doesn't want to fight i.e. not fulfilling his contract, he is right. Not saying i agree or anything, but on paper that's the gist of it.

Tito won the trilogy

As I said though, if you look at the original post he was correct in most cases.

JDS/Reem took like 3 years to materialise.

Cyborg ducked the Nunes rematch.

Askren didnt join the UFC for like 4 more years.

Jones didnr want the immediate Gus rematch when everyone felt it was warranted.

Obviously he does it as a negotiation tactic but also theres some truths to it.

Half truths can distort the full factual truth he knows this and that people don't read passed the headlines.

Eg. My grandmother told me several months ago that I can't go visit her.. She doesn't eant to see me!
(half truth)
Full truth.. Severely immune compromised elderly woman force to decline visitations from family due to covid19

After failing drug tests around 2014 they offered overeem jds on 2 separate occasions he did turn down both.. But he was injured. The same injury that bothered him before the k1gp and that STILL bothers him somewhat today..

Dana made it clear he thought askren wad boring. The money was better witj oneFC at the time. Ben only wished he came to the ufc sooner because he would have been younger and for legacy.

Jones did turn down the immediate rematch upon strong insistance from his team (although he wasn't looking forward to a rematch if he's being honest)

Tito won the trilogy

That's certainly one way of looking at it. Tito clearly took pleasure giving him the business even though Chuck was in no condition to take that third fight.

I remember after the Hendricks fight, Dana was bad mouthing GSP saying he got transported to the hospital... A couple minutes GSP strolls in. Dude was so salty that he retired.

Lol, fuckin classic.

Dana is like a politician. Like said earlier.....he omits info not providing context.

For example when UFC bought Pride Dana White tried to make Wanderlei vs Chuck right away and Silva didn't sign the contract because he was in the middle of moving his family to the U.S. The originally story from Dana was Wanderlei doesn't want to fight Chuck.

https://www.mmaweekly.com/wanderlei-responds-2

Back