Dana White's Contender Series 2019 Week 2: Tues. 6/25, 8 PM ET/5 PM PT PBP Discussion Thread

JayPettryMMA

Danger Zone Aficionado
Staff member
Forum Administrator
Reaction score
For those of you new to the series, every Tuesday from June 18th until August 20th, with July 2nd off, top prospects and former UFC fighters will compete on a five-fight card with the opportunity to win a UFC contract. Some events, only one winner gets a contract, and others, multiple fighters are awarded that elusive contract.

dwcs 2019 wk2.jpg
Dana White's Contender Series 2019, Week 2

Commentary:
Brendan Fitzgerald, Michael Bisping
Broadcast: ESPN+ in the US, UFC Fight Pass Internationally
Start Time: 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT on Tuesday, June 25

LHW: Alton Cunningham (7-1) vs. Tony Johnson (7-2)
FW: Zach Zane (12-7) vs. Justin Gonzales (9-0)
MW: Michael Lombardo (8-1) vs. Kyle Daukaus (6-0)
BW: Miles Johns (8-0) vs. Richie Santiago (7-1)
178 CW: Miguel Baeza (6-0) vs. Victor Reyna (10-3)

Dana White’s Contender Series Weigh-in Results:

Alton Cunningham (205.5) vs. Tony Johnson (203)
Zach Zane (146) vs. Justin Gonzales (146)
Michael Lombardo (185.5) vs. Kyle Daukaus (185.5)
Miles Johns (135.5) vs. Richie Santiago (135.5)
Miguel Baeza (169.5) vs. Victor Reyna (*178)

1718.png

Previous Contract Winners:

2017 Season - Breakdown and Summary Here

Week 1: FW Kurt Holobaugh (R1 KO) and BW Boston Salmon (Unanimous Decision)
Week 2: BW Sean O'Malley (R1 KO)
Week 3: LHW Karl Roberson (R1 KO) and MW Geoffrey Neal (R1 TKO)
Week 4: MW Julian Marquez (R2 KO) and FW Brandon Davis (Unanimous Decision)
Week 5: LHW Mike Rodriguez (R1 KO) and FLW Alex Perez (R1 Tech Sub - Anaconda Choke)
Week 6: MW Charles Byrd (R2 Sub - Rear Naked Choke) and FW Grant Dawson (R2 Sub - Rear Naked Choke)
Week 7: BW Benito Lopez (Split Decision) and FLW Joby Sanchez (R2 TKO)
Week 8: LW Matt Frevola (R2 Sub - Arm-Triangle Choke), WBW Lauren Mueller (Unanimous Decision), HW Allen Crowder (R3 TKO) - as well as MW Bevon Lewis (R2 TKO) signed to Developmental League

2018 Season - Midseason and Finale Reviews

Week 1: LHW Alonzo Menifield (R1 TKO) - as well as HW Greg Hardy (R1 TKO) signed to Developmental League
Week 2: FW Matt Sayles (R1 TKO), MW Anthony Hernandez (R1 KO), LHW Ryan Spann (R1 Sub - Guillotine Choke), and WW Dwight Grant (R2 KO)
Week 3: WFLW Antonina Shevcheko (R2 TKO), LW Te Edwards (R1 KO), and HW Josh Parisian (R1 Spinning Back Fist KO) to TUF Season 28
Week 4: MW Bevon Lewis (R1 TKO) and FLW Jordan Espinosa (R3 TKO)
Week 5: WSW Maycee Barber (R3 TKO), BW Domingo Pilarte (R2 Tech Sub - Rear Naked Choke), and MW Edmen Shahbazyan (R1 TKO)
Week 6: LHW Jim Crute (R1 TKO), FW Sadiq Yussuf (Unanimous Decision), HW Jeff Hughes (R1 TKO) - as well as FW Chase Hooper (Unanimous Decision) signed to Developmental League
Week 7: LW Roosevelt Roberts (R2 Sub - Rear Naked Choke), MW Ian Heinisch (R1 KO), FW Jordan Griffin (R1 Sub - Rear Naked Choke), and HW Juan Adams (R1 TKO)
Week 8: LW Devonte Smith (R1 KO), LHW Kennedy Nzechukwu (R1 TKO) and FW Bobby Moffett (R2 Sub - D'Arce Choke)

2019 Season

Week 1
: MW Punahele Soriano (Unanimous Decision) and HW Yorgan De Castro (R1 TKO)

Contracts issued to fighters will start at $10k to show and $10k to win, for around 3-4 fights. Other winners may be called to the UFC for short notice replacements or brought back for future CS events.

There is NO Snoopcast this season.

fc9RiCD.png

same

Im hoping for a big ppv soon so in the aftermath, i know which people to put on ignore list. This weekend's fights was a blessing in disguise in that respect.

Tony Johnson (7-2)

A 36 years-old who debuted in 2007 and has only managed 9 fights in 12 years!

Truly the high-octane, youngblood prospects that Dana is looking for!

A 36 years-old who debuted in 2007 and has only managed 9 fights in 12 years!

Truly the high-octane, youngblood prospects that Dana is looking for!
This season feels different. Last week that guy missed weight so badly he wasn't cleared to fight, this week one dude came in 7 pounds over, there's a 12-7 Hawaiian (who has won his last eight but he still has a tapout loss to Chris Avila on his record) and a 36-year-old. I don't know how best to characterize it but I'm paying close attention.

there's a 12-7 Hawaiian (who has won his last eight but he still has a tapout loss to Chris Avila on his record

Are you implying that there is dishonour in losing to Hawai Diaz, you villain!? :D

But yeah, there definitively seems to have been a drop in quality.

The guy I'm waiting for is LHW Herdem Alacabek (5-0) who fights in August. Since I've been watching his career since 2014 when he started in Sweden. Been with ATT for a long time.

Are you implying that there is dishonour in losing to Hawai Diaz, you villain!? :D
Yup. Avila's career hasn't really panned out like it could have.

The guy I'm waiting for is LHW Herdem Alacabek (5-0) who fights in August. Since I've been watching his career since 2014 when he started in Sweden. Been with ATT for a long time.
He has looked sensational in LFA. Three fights, I think three first-round finishes. I've got my eye on him too. Speaking of LFA guys, I was looking forward to Ramiz Brahimaj on this card but he got hurt.

You know who probably isn't in? Victor Reyna after he missed weight by seven pounds.
<Eek2.0>

This season feels different. Last week that guy missed weight so badly he wasn't cleared to fight, this week one dude came in 7 pounds over, there's a 12-7 Hawaiian (who has won his last eight but he still has a tapout loss to Chris Avila on his record) and a 36-year-old. I don't know how best to characterize it but I'm paying close attention.

I think the guy last week was Edmen Shahbazyan's brother Leon one of Edmonds guys from Glendale fighting club
<Eek2.0>

same

Im hoping for a big ppv soon so in the aftermath, i know which people to put on ignore list. This weekend's fights was a blessing in disguise in that respect.

You don't need a PPV for that just read the boards..

I am fucking in. Didn't watch the first week ep. but here I am now. What is up, dawgs

skipping this week because last week was shite

Reyna looking to show there are levels to this hairline stuff.... :)

Looking at their records earlier Daukaus looks promising all wins by sub

Back