Dana white

CJ21

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I didn't know dana white was a commentator for some of prides fights. Last night when I was watching pride he was the commentator for the Liddell vs overreem fight.

thats crazy, i had no idea 0_0 i wonder if he still cussed as much as he does now ?

Didn't he just do it when UFC guys were fighting?

It was that whole UFC vs Pride thang.

He was a guest because his UFC star was in GP.

Wait until you see the Page fight. Before he was an expert questioning Cains gameplan on Network TV he was the genuis expert behind Chuck's gameplan that Chuck ddnt follow.

He wasn't a commentator. He got on the mic for that fight (and a couple others) because he brought Liddell over to enter the tournament on behalf of the UFC.

He was just a guest in the booth because he and Chuck were flying the flag for UFC. He wasn't really a commentator.

Edit: lol, too slow ^^

i believe they had randy couture on one event as well, as a guest announcer.

The UFC and PRIDE were trying to co-promote (yes, really) and send fighters to each others organizations. So they had DW guest comment on the Liddell vs Rampage fight. DW also had a bet with Sakakibara that Liddell would win the tournament.

Of course, with PRIDE never sending any fighters to the UFC (despite Takada going on a UFC PPV and announcing that they'd "send Sakuraba and Fujita to the octagon."), you can chalk that up as to one of the reasons why the UFC doesn't co-promote anymore.

ufc45-pride.jpg

DW also had a bet with Sakakibara that Liddell would win the tournament.

I thought the bet was Wanderlei vs Chuck, but it never happened since Chuck got TKOed by Rampage.

like 2 fights in 03 when Chuck entered the GP.

The UFC and PRIDE were trying to co-promote (yes, really) and send fighters to each others organizations. So they had DW guest comment on the Liddell vs Rampage fight. DW also had a bet with Sakakibara that Liddell would win the tournament.

Of course, with PRIDE never sending any fighters to the UFC (despite Takada going on a UFC PPV and announcing that they'd "send Sakuraba and Fujita to the octagon."), you can chalk that up as to one of the reasons why the UFC doesn't co-promote anymore.

ufc45-pride.jpg

It pissed me off that they never let Sakuraba go to the UFC. If he could've made 170 Penn vs Saku and Hughes vs Saku would have been awesome.

It pissed me off that they never let Sakuraba go to the UFC. If he could've made 170 Penn vs Saku and Hughes vs Saku would have been awesome.

He should have just never left :icon_chee

Saka1.jpg

remember Tito giving Saku flowers and kissing him before the Wand fight i think it was.
And Frank Shamrock made a couple of appearances, not sure if on the mic though.

He wasn't. Dana and Liddell entered the PRIDE GP hoping to win it for UFC, but they ended up getting beat and had to leave short.

He wasn't a commentator he was just there to watch chuck and i guess they gave him a mic or he might of just sat down and put a headset on and started rambling about how Chuck was gona walk thru the Grand Prix.

Back