News Dana White working with the Feds to catch streamer

Also, I understand you are not, and are watching at a friends who is paying which makes this more of a philosophical debate.
That's why real sports play on national channels. You get paid per viewer (not per ppv), reach more households, and get higher advertising dollars. PPV model if anything is restricting long term growth and intentionally validates that it's a niche program

It comes down to this. If there was a shirt in a store, but you thought they wanted too much money for it given it’s quality or the business practices of the manufacturer, would that entitle you to steal the shirt?

Your answer says a lot more about you than the ufc

I get that argument, but I think the difference is that if you steal the shirt, you also steal the store's ability to sell it to someone else. If you stream a card, you don't stop the UFC from selling it to someone else. Many people will still buy PPVs legally to protect their device, get better quality, support the fighters, etc. even if streams are available.

It comes down to this. If there was a shirt in a store, but you thought they wanted too much money for it given it’s quality or the business practices of the manufacturer, would that entitle you to steal the shirt?

Your answer says a lot more about you than the ufc
I'm not a thief, I would go to this little kiosk 2 blocks away that sells all of the same shirts for 3$. People go there because it's a price they can actually afford. And the quality is not bad, same as the original.

I'm not a thief, I would go to this little kiosk 2 blocks away that sells all of the same shirts for 3$. People go there because it's a price they can actually afford. And the quality is not bad, same as the original.

Problem is, there is no legal store around the corner selling the ufc ppv.

there’s tons of ppvs that I don’t think are worth the money. Most in fact. In that case I don’t watch.

tenor.gif

there are streamers who are selling access for 10bucks during each PPV,
i think they are the one to be targeted,
these are the guys who can be traced through their payments

Trump hooking his bro up on his way out. Who knows what other tastey nuggets he left behind while he had everyone distracted.

A high-ranking UFC official with knowledge of the situation told MMA Junkie that the promotion has been working with federal authorities to catch the suspected illegal streaming host. The official, familiar with the UFC’s thinking, indicated the promotion is looking to make this person an example.

A federal COVID relief bill, which was passed by Congress in late December, included anti-piracy legislation – the Protecting Lawful Streaming Act – which states violators could be prosecuted and face up to 10 years in prison for multiple offenses.

Armed with this, White is ready to pounce on the illegal streaming suspect in question.

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2021...r-dana-white-targets-illegal-streamer-ufc-257

Covid bill what??

<{vega}>

Nice to see America s serious fight against covid

no doubt they will catch a couple sources and make an example out of them. but there are just too many sources and potential new sources all over the place

I asked this before : how The fuck is the fbi gonna do anything about a streaming host in Russia?

Well he’s practically robbing his own fighters so it’s fair game at this point. The money is only adding snow for his Christmas
If he was paying his fighters well, i suppose you wouldn’t stream anymore? Just to be clear, I’m not judging anyone who does it. I just happen to see it as theft. Maybe more of a white collar form of it. But never the less.

Sounds like from the article they targeted a specific streamer and are just gonna make an example out of him. While the litany of others will just keep it moving. Good IPTV providers source the event themselves from ESPN+. So they aren't as easy to shut down, unless that entire IPTV service gets shut down, which won't happen in a night lol. Many have survived the onslaught this past year anyways (especially the private ones).

Sportsurge will have their pile of url based ad filled links.

As well the m3u links that come from shitty other iptv providers you can locate trivially online.

Many streaming providers use the same web hosts also OVH, Datapacket, Worldstream. OVH has clearly turned a blind eye to what's on their servers for years, because they've had hacking/cracking/iptv services and sites on them for many-a-moon. The web hosts are always the point of attack if F3ds are smart.

Any one who happens to fall upon one L I N K I'm not saying for you to send me a link, but I'm not saying for you not to either. ;)

How about you dead beat losers get a job and purchase content rather than steal. Unless you’re a child you have no excuse.

I’m sure you’re all the same ones whining fighters aren’t paid enough.

Bunch of welfare cases
The UFC already makes a ton of money and has been doing so for over a decade now. You could double the amount they are pulling in and it would have little impact on what the average fighter is making. The UFC owns a monopsony over it's industry and can get away with it. It has 0 to do with how much money they are making.

Our government doing what our government does best, helping wealthy people protect the interests of their private businesses

100% posturing. Dana and co ain't got shit, they're just hoping to maximize their return on this conor card by 'scaring' would be pirates.

Back