Dana White weighs in on Bellator champ A.J. McKee, says he'll make good on years' old lunch bet

Dana has no idea who he is… I wouldn’t watch minor league MMA on a Saturday either.

<36>

He's not going to make a $million dollars in the UFC...unless he wins the lotto and fights McGregor!:D

LOL @ this asshole.

Dude is one of the best fighters outside the UFC, but he'll have to get in touch with them to find out if there's an opening on the roster.
He’s only good if he is a UFC fighter. So you would think he’d be willing to make one call. Seemed nice of Dana.

"You like McDonald's you goof?"

-Uncle Goof

Hopefully AJ brings Antonio to lunch.

If he can sign McKee, and McKee is still undefeated, he should give him an immediate title shot.

would be insanely happy to see him in the ufc. absolute murderer. the best fighter bellator has produced since chandler, maybe ever.

LOL @ this asshole.

Dude is one of the best fighters outside the UFC, but he'll have to get in touch with them to find out if there's an opening on the roster.
I think he means that he has to let them know when his contract is up.

Dana talking about keeping his word?

LOL fuck off... This man lies so much that his own mother doesn't love him

LOL @ this asshole.

Or he is playing it cool for the reporters..
Why show your hand or tell what you will do?

I think he means that he has to let them know when his contract is up.

If they're interested in a fighter from a different promotion, they'll know when his contract is up.

Both Dana and Lorenzo addessed social media posts directly to Eddie Alvarez after he beat Patricky Pitbull, which was the last fight on his contract before Rebney pulled the matching clause bullshit.

Or he is playing it cool for the reporters..
Why show your hand or tell what you will do?

Yeah, I think that it's obvious that was his intent. They way that he said it just sounded silly to me.

Last edited:
Not sure what's controversial. Dana basically just said "I might have lunch with him" plus "we'll give him a call once his contract is up" I'm not sure what else he's supposed to say. He's Dana so he will get shit on no matter what he says but that's like...the most standard and professional thing he could have said.

So, McKee can either A. sit out for 12 months or B. fight 3 fights to finish out his current contract that has now been extended after champion clause. Then they'll talk, if of course Bellator doesn't sign him to an extension first, which is possible.

"He'll have to call" - meaning "we won't chase him although we might want him, therefore we can offer him a lesser deal"

I ask because Oscar sent a cease and desist letter to Floyd, after Floyd was flirting with Ryan García.
that could be from the Ali Act which only applies to boxing, but in general you are allowed to talk to employees of other companies about coming to work for you.

How they deal with Kayla at the end of this year should give an indication of how they'll handle negotiating with big name free agents.

Welcome to teh big league kid!

*Serf for life

Back