Dana White: 'We had cut' Jake Ellenberger before his UFC 201 Win!

Hannya MMA

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Normally when a fighter goes on a 1-5 losing run like Jake Ellenberger, that's grounds for a release from the promotion. In fact, according to Dana White in a post-fight interview with FS1, that's exactly what the UFC did with "The Juggernaut" after his loss to Tarec Saffiedine. (Transcription via MMA Fighting)

"I didn't know what to expect from him," White said. "I said in the standup with [UFC commentator Joe] Rogan before the fights started, if he comes out and does what he's capable of doing, then this is going to be a very fun fight.

"With the UFC, we had cut him," White added. "He flew out to Las Vegas and he met with me and said, 'Don't cut me, please.' He said, 'Give me one more shot. I promise I will come out and deliver.'"

Im legit happy for the Burger. His worst decision was training with that scumbag Edmund and he fought like a man on a mission last night, he needed that win more than anybody

PR06cQ.gif

I was ecstatic with his win.
Made my night!!!
(almost made it up for Lawler loss!!)

I like that he asked for 1 more shot and the UFC allowed it. Means he knew his career with the UFC was on the line and delivered exceptionally.

Im legit happy for the Burger. His worst decision was training with that scumbag Edmund and he fought like a man on a mission last night, he needed that win more than anybody

Yeah I noticed the absence of Edmund. Did El Burger switch teams?

Bas Rutten was proud tonight.

tumblr_nby2uqrXK71tfrx5ho3_400.gif

mike-tyson-dana-white-dick.jpg

Sounds like a movie script, but this is Dana so we'll put this in the absolute bullshit file

I like that he asked for 1 more shot and the UFC allowed it. Means he knew his career with the UFC was on the line and delivered exceptionally.
if that's what it takes, they should leave him a memo telling him that he still isn't safe

I am completely neutral about this level of fighter.

Either you are good enough to hang. ...

Im sick of excuses. ... you won, asshole...

Move the fuck on.

I have neither the time or inclination to read every damn thing on the internet.

So...

You're a geek and your guy won...

Or, you're a geek.and your guy lost.

Why you assholes lyin and trying to create shit that doesn't exist in real life ?

Or is this SD fuckery ?

Considering Matt Brown is becoming a troll, it was very enjoyable.

Back