News Dana White wants Shevchenko to fight Andrade, Zhang and then Nunes

She gotta fight a top fighter first.
Weili is the one asking for it.

Yesterday they asked Shevchenko if she was more interested in a champ vs champ fight against Nunes or Zhang and she said of course Nunes.
Valentina vs Nunes would go for a belt. Valentina vs Zhang would only have Zhang going for Valentina’s belt. It’s obvious Valen would rather fight Nunes.
And agree, Zhang hasn’t defended in a long time; she has plenty of girls (bums, if preferred) to fight and beat.

However, I don't agree with DC since he's looking at her takedowns from a wrestling perspective and Valentina's takedowns are mostly Judo & Muay Thai based. This particular takedown was one that had DC talking about strength & explosion and not so much technique because at normal speed it looks like she just clinched Maia and muscled her straight down. In slow motion, it's quite technical. Note how Valentina steps her right leg behind Maia and uses her thigh to bump out Maia's legs in one direction while throwing Maia's body the opposite way to land in side control. There's a bunch of things that all have to be done right for the takedown to work as well as it did. Athleticism certainly helps, but technique & timing is what makes it work.

giphy.gif

I quote you bc I’m out of likes to give, but this is completely true.
Valentina has been using the same takedowns during all her MT career. She combined MT and Judo takedowns and that made her unbeatable in MT.
She’s an unbelievable underrated judoka.

Zhang hasnt fought since then either,so there is that. They both need time to recover from that one.
That shows how close that fight was. Both ended up with a lot of damage to their physique.

If she beats all 3. GOAT woman fighter ever.

Agree! Undisputed GOAT.

Doubt it works out that way but that would be a hell of a line-up.

Agreed that Nunes will always be a bad matchup for her, I've said since their first fight that those 2 are the hardest matchups for each other.

However, I don't agree with DC since he's looking at her takedowns from a wrestling perspective and Valentina's takedowns are mostly Judo & Muay Thai based. This particular takedown was one that had DC talking about strength & explosion and not so much technique because at normal speed it looks like she just clinched Maia and muscled her straight down. In slow motion, it's quite technical. Note how Valentina steps her right leg behind Maia and uses her thigh to bump out Maia's legs in one direction while throwing Maia's body the opposite way to land in side control. There's a bunch of things that all have to be done right for the takedown to work as well as it did. Athleticism certainly helps, but technique & timing is what makes it work.

giphy.gif
At full.speed it's a thing of beauty.

Yeah, those threads are getting a bit out of hand.

Valentina is very legit, and hell, I actually really enjoy WMMA, but her level of opponents is so inferior that comparing Valentina to someone like Anderson Silva is straight up insulting and borderline delusional.

Your right Shev did not take peds.

Back