News Dana White wants Shevchenko to fight Andrade, Zhang and then Nunes

I'll save you the PPV cost and not have to watch those fights.

Andrade is going to be insanely predictable standing in front of Val or entries as she has been and will get timed for a body kick, she has no lateral movement, and head kick due to no or predictable head movement. Those two combinations practically guarantee it. Hope it's the head kick so you don't have to watch Val fence fuck and blanket her on the ground for the majority of the fight because that's exactly what she will do otherwise.

Weili is basically a smaller version of Val and fights similar to her in that she is also a counter pressure fighter. She is literally worse than Val in every single category you can name that matters for that fight. Volume is irrelevant if you can't use it. Val does everything Weili does and better. You are actually more likely to see Val fence fuck and body lock Weili than Andrade.

If you don't understand how Val fights by now and can't predict this you haven't followed her career or watched her fights.

The only thing that gives any meaning or have some value in watching Val fight is if she cuts to 115lb since there's some risk involved with the weight cut but considering how prevalent cheating is in the entire UFC at this point, IV usage seems to be on the honor system, I don't believe there's enough risk there to warrant much attention. If Val does go down to 115 and Weili and her coaches have any brains they will make Val come to her. Weili is best countering entries. Unfortunately for Weili her counters are best vs fighters with poor entries and poor defense. Val will eventually catch her in a body lock and Weili is not coming up from that. A fight at 115lb is actually even more likely to be a fence fucking/blanket fight from Val. But if someone actually wants to see her be challenged then watch her fight Weili at 115 if they make that fight. Otherwise don't waste your time. You're welcome.

I'll save you the PPV cost and not have to watch those fights.

Andrade is going to be insanely predictable standing in front of Val or entries as she has been and will get timed for a body kick, she has no lateral movement, and head kick due to no or predictable head movement. Those two combinations practically guarantee it. Hope it's the head kick so you don't have to watch Val fence fuck and blanket her on the ground for the majority of the fight because that's exactly what she will do otherwise.

Weili is basically a smaller version of Val and fights similar to her in that she is also a counter pressure fighter. She is literally worse than Val in every single category you can name that matters for that fight. Volume is irrelevant if you can't use it. Val does everything Weili does and better. You are actually more likely to see Val fence fuck and body lock Weili than Andrade.

If you don't understand how Val fights by now and can't predict this you haven't followed her career or watched her fights.

The only thing that gives any meaning or have some value in watching Val fight is if she cuts to 115lb since there's some risk involved with the weight cut but considering how prevalent cheating is in the entire UFC at this point, IV usage seems to be on the honor system, I don't believe there's enough risk there to warrant much attention. If Val does go down to 115 and Weili and her coaches have any brains they will make Val come to her. Weili is best countering entries. Unfortunately for Weili her counters are best vs fighters with poor entries and poor defense. Val will eventually catch her in a body lock and Weili is not coming up from that. A fight at 115lb is actually even more likely to be a fence fucking/blanket fight from Val. But if someone actually wants to see her be challenged then watch her fight Weili at 115 if they make that fight. Otherwise don't waste your time. You're welcome.

Don't disagre, but I would still love to watch it happen as it happens. There's a beauty in watching it unfold

Don’t think shevchenko ever beats nunes. Much of her style revolves around being dramatically stronger than her opponents

I like it. It gives Zhang more time to improve and rise to the challenge. And let's be honest, Andrade, zhang, and nunes are far more interesting matches for val than anyone else at 125lbs

Last edited:
She should have taken the fight vs Cynthia. Now who knows how long before it's her turn for the title shot.

I think she did take that fight but then Cynthia got covid and she ended up fighting Shakirova iirc

Where’s the BoogieWoman in all of this? Did she retire after the beating Zhang gave her?

I think she did take that fight but then Cynthia got covid and she ended up fighting Shakirova iirc
She was offered to fight Cynthia on last night card but she wanted to be the backup only and to instead fight Calvilo in December. Why would the UFC pay her to be backup and then pay her to fight a few weeks later. They ended up going with Chook vs Calvillo instead.

Zhang shouldn't move up, although she is tough and could present problems for Valentina. I also don't see how Valentina beats Nunes. Nunes is just a lot bigger girl. I know, people argue Valentina won the second fight or it was really close but Nunes did get the win. Going into a trilogy 2-0 doesn't seem appealing to me.

That's disappointing. There's no interesting match ups for Nunes outside of another fight with Shev. With the outcome of the last fight between the two being as contentious as it was, Dana should make this fight while he still can.

Yeah. Looking on the bright side, I find it exciting watching a true great in their prime. Maia - who I was rooting for because I love 'shock the world' victories - gave a strong showing.

Pure speculation here: Nunes may not fight her again. Zhang has said she want to fight Shev. I may not be up to date as I've been ignoring news for the purpose of calm.

After can crushing megan Nunes needs to give GDR a rematch and actually fight like a lioness after the first round instead of a panic wrestler.
Lol, that was the rematch. Nunes has beaten her twice already

And taking someone down because its the easiest path to victory isnt panic wrestling, it's called MMA

She should have taken the fight vs Cynthia. Now who knows how long before it's her turn for the title shot.

True my friend. Some fighters do the opposite of what they should. 'Barb' seems like that.

Valentina can take the fight anywhere. It's not Val's fault the competition is so far behind. There's khabib, his competition is so far behind in wrestling, is that his fault? (I do find khabib more boring than watching paint dry). If the competition can't get up or, better yet, can't stop the takedown, that's not on khabib/val. It's better than watching Conor/Nunes panic wrestle.

Valentina locks in the triangle from the bottom, that's the end of the fight. What do you think now? If Jones would do more wrestling, instead of testing himself, he would not have any split decisions on his record. Is testing oneself better for legacy?

There are males that don't belong. After Santos last performance, he should be out. May be Santos just had a bad night. Let's get rid of Derrick Lewis, no ground game or gas. Tyron, with his back to the cage, should be cut. Ever since the weight of the title was put on Tyron, he no longer fights. Stipe doesn't fight often enough and should have finished Francis on the ground. Stipe avoids the top contender, strip the championship.

Like mma or don't.

it makes no sense to have zhang move up, so thats probably what ufc will do

Unless if she catches Jessica early that is going to be a tough fight. Valentina will still probably win but thats a real challenge.

Don’t think shevchenko ever beats nunes. Much of her style revolves around being dramatically stronger than her opponents

What?

Shevchenko is technically perfect. Add strength to that and you have a dominating fighter.

What?

Shevchenko is technically perfect. Add strength to that and you have a dominating fighter.
She doesn’t let loose. She doesn’t dictate the fight. She doesn’t go for the finish. Perfect fighter? She’s fighting straight bums

Back