Dana White undecided on Paul Daley return

It's been 4 years, IMO enough time has passed. The real question should be 'is he likely to do it again?' and I think the answer is a resounding "no."

Kos admitted he was saying bad stuff to him on the ground, if I recall about his mother? Obviously a dumb move but he got kicked out and made an example of.

He's exciting and his fight with Diaz was a thriller, I'd let him come back on a trial basis and see how it goes.

Yeah called his mom a whore and said he hoped his whole family died. Koscheck has even said he was being a dick and he probably would have hit him too. (Himself)

Oh please Dana. Spare us this honor in MMA bullshit.

Half the guys in the sport are ex-junkies with dyed mohawks and tattoos, and the whole thing generally appeals to the lowest common denominator.

Dana White on Nate Marquardt in 2011

"I'm pretty disgusted with Nate Marquardt, he's been cut from the UFC, he'll never fight in the UFC again".

Daley hasn't really done that amazingly outside of the UFC. I don't think this would even be a conversation if he were on an incredible streak but he lost to every UFC-worthy opponent he faced since getting the boot.

I think it's been long enough to give him another shot, but he really isn't in a place where his UFC-worthiness is unquestionable.

Seriously? The guy never truly paid the price for his attempted assault of Koscheck. You don't punch fighters after you just lost; you had your chance and you failed. He should have served jail time and had at least a year suspension from the sport. The UFC cut him and he went back to working for other companies. He's never served any jail time or missed out on any fights. He also hasn't earned the right back into the UFC, seeing as he has lost a few fights. Also, he's never showed he was sorry for his actions. The sad part is that crime would have been overlooked had he been apologetic, but he was defiant.

100% agree with Dana about banning him.

But I'm also in favor of a little mercy I'm this situation. If he made a public apology in a post UFC press conference. I'd be in favor of bringing him back.

This would be an interesting poll.

100% agree with Dana about banning him.

But I'm also in favor of a little mercy I'm this situation. If he made a public apology in a post UFC press conference. I'd be in favor of bringing him back.

This would be an interesting poll.

People are biased because they don't like Koscheck. Had Daley thrown a hook after the bell on a likeable fighter, he'd have less support.

People are biased because they don't like Koscheck. Had Daley thrown a hook after the bell on a likeable fighter, he'd have less support.

This!!!

Imagine if he did that to say GSP, Condit, Rory or Lawler?.

The pitchfork holders on Sherdog would be out in full force.

Seriously? The guy never truly paid the price for his attempted assault of Koscheck. You don't punch fighters after you just lost; you had your chance and you failed. He should have served jail time and had at least a year suspension from the sport. The UFC cut him and he went back to working for other companies. He's never served any jail time or missed out on any fights. He also hasn't earned the right back into the UFC, seeing as he has lost a few fights. Also, he's never showed he was sorry for his actions. The sad part is that crime would have been overlooked had he been apologetic, but he was defiant.

Jail time? For punching someone and not even hurting them? No judge in the land would give jail time for that. Get a grip.

Shame on Dana. This sport doesn't need people like Daley.

And it's not like he went undefeated after getting kicked out. Lost to misaki and an unknown at the time in Demian Maias newest victim. Why would he even want him?

Jail time? For punching someone and not even hurting them? No judge in the land would give jail time for that. Get a grip.

A professional fighter, known for a lethal left hook, throwing one after the time of consent is not a crime? It wasn't a shove or something minor, although those are crimes too; he tried to land a huge shot after the fight was over. You telling me he didn't deserve at least a month behind bars? He showed absolutely no control or discipline. He's extremely fortunate the shot didn't land.

i say a 1 fight contract and go from there he hasnt done the shit again fuck dana pretended rampage didnt go on a rampage let the man have 1 last chance

Forgive and forget, it has been long enough.

In case you need more convincing:

1.gif

Back