Dana White undecided on Paul Daley return

pcbh

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
http://fansided.com/2014/05/30/dana-white-undecided-paul-daley-return/#!S3TMf

6f9gr4.jpg

“What Paul Daley did is unforgivable. In the history of the UFC, nobody has ever walked up and sucker punched a guy (besides Paul Daley). Paul Daley had his management write me a letter a few days ago, basically saying he’s grown up since that incident, he’s on a winning streak, it’s one of the biggest regrets in his life, and things like that,” White said to reporters at a media scrum today.

White also said that he showed the letter to Lorenzo Ferttitta, who ultimately has left the decision up to Dana White himself. White noted that it’s a difficult decision, and hasn’t had a chance to think about it as of yet.

Daley was banned from the UFC in May 2010, when he lost a top contender’s bout to Josh Koscheck. Daley was outwrestled for the duration of the bout, and wasn’t pleased with the result, as he landed a punch to the face of the unsuspecting Koscheck well after the bell.

In the four years since his banishment, Daley has went 11-4, while competing for the likes of Bellator, Strikeforce, BAMMA, and Cage Warriors Fighting Championship. Daley has publicly stated his desire to return to the UFC on multiple occasions before.

Paul Daley was the first of a slew of controversial releases, as the company has cut the likes of Matt Riddle, and Rousimar Palhares from the UFC for marijuana offenses, and holding onto submissions for extended periods after the bell, respectively.

It's a tough situation.
One on hand, you have to have zero tolerance on that kind of act. When the UFC is trying to just get legalised in places still, that does a lot to damage the brand.
It's been a long time since it happened, and Daley obviously has changed since that moment. Can't hold a grudge forever.
It's a tough call.

i remember seeing koscheck vs sanchez in tuf match and koscheck hit sanchez after bell and was legal like bell cant save you

Honestly I would bring him back.

It was 4 years ago and only the hardcore fans still remember it.

If there's one thing Daley does...it's knock the chocolate out of people in highlight reel fashion.

I love watching him fight

Who cares, this is MMA...

He bangs, bro. Bring him back. If he can climb the ladder again, I'd like to see him fight Robbie Lawler. Who the hell doesn't want to see that???

Just tell him he can only use eye pokes from now on against his opponents like Jones does and he will be allowed back in the UFC

Bring him back against DHK. Let's see if he can take the Dong on top of him.

Daley made one silly mistake and Dana cuts him from the UFC and banishes him forever!

Stephan Bonnar has tested positive for steroids TWICE and is in the UFC Hall Of Fame.

It's been 4 years, IMO enough time has passed. The real question should be 'is he likely to do it again?' and I think the answer is a resounding "no."

Kos admitted he was saying bad stuff to him on the ground, if I recall about his mother? Obviously a dumb move but he got kicked out and made an example of.

He's exciting and his fight with Diaz was a thriller, I'd let him come back on a trial basis and see how it goes.

I would like to see him back, because he is very exciting to watch. But i would perfectly understand DW if he say no.

Dana should take a look in the mirror, because he's one of those guys that always says stuff then goes back on his own words.

He should just let the guy fight, it's not like it's the end of the world, what happened in Strikeforce with Mayhem and Shields and his buddies is worse than what Daley actually did.

But guess what? Both Diaz brothers are still in UFC and Shields was too not too long ago. And they basically did same thing as Daley, actually worse, because that was a brawl, 3 v 1 on live TV...

I could see not wanting him back, but there's money to be made with him vs. Condit, Brown, or Lawler so fuck it i'm in.

Bring him back!!

I would bring him back, he has an extremely fan-friendly style.
He looked great in his fight against da Silva (BAMMA 7), one month before that he lost to Alexander Yakovlev (via grappling) who is fighting Demian Maia tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back