Dana White: "UFC 168 > UFC 100!!!"

Agreed:

UFC 167
St-Pierre vs. Hendricks
UFC 20th Anniversary
Date: November 16, 2013
Venue: MGM Grand Garden Arena

UFC 167 Card:
-Georges St-Pierre (24-2) vs. Johny Hendricks (15-1)
-Rashad Evans (18-3-1) vs. Chael Sonnen (28-13-1)
-Alistair Overeem (36-13-1) vs. Frank Mir (16-8)
-Josh Koscheck (17-7) vs. Tyron Woodley (11-2)
-Rory MacDonald (15-1) vs. Robbie Lawler (21-9)
-Donald

The goat, best mma fighter, longest reigning champ, completely destroying all contenders with ease for a short lifetime, most famous person in all of MMA, Anderson Silva is re matching the sole person to have ever beat him in the UFC - will of course be bigger.

I don't know how people can say 167 can be close, everyone on the whole card combined can't even hold a candle's light to the greatness of Anderson Silva.

Wow none of that is true.

If the 68 main was on the 67 card, I'd go with 67.

That being said, can't believe these two cards are right on top of each other.

I'm sure some wet sock will be slobbering on about how turrible they are though. OMGZ WHY ISN'T EVERY CARD STACKED?! THIS CARD ONLY HAS ONE GSP?! WHAT THE FUCK I WAS SIX GSPS AND TWO BRACK'S ON EVERY CARDDDDDDD

MMA Fans P4P whiniest mo-fo's.

So far (MMA Weekly):

UFC 168
Weidman vs. Silva II
Date: December 28, 2013

Main Card (on Pay-Per-View):
-Chris Weidman (10-0) vs. Anderson Silva (33-5)
-Ronda Rousey (7-0) vs. Miesha Tate (13-4)
-Josh Barnett (33-6) vs. Travis Browne (15-1-1)

Other Bouts:
-Dustin Poirier (14-3) vs. Diego Brandao (18-8)
-Chris Leben (22-10) vs. Uriah Hall (7-4)
-Gleison Tibau (28-9) vs. Michael Johnson (13-8)

Its an alright card.. doesnt look any better than the cards as of late

Agreed:

UFC 167
St-Pierre vs. Hendricks
UFC 20th Anniversary
Date: November 16, 2013

UFC 167 Card:
-Georges St-Pierre (24-2) vs. Johny Hendricks (15-1)
-Rashad Evans (18-3-1) vs. Chael Sonnen (28-13-1)
-Alistair Overeem (36-13-1) vs. Frank Mir (16-8)
-Josh Koscheck (17-7) vs. Tyron Woodley (11-2)
-Rory MacDonald (15-1) vs. Robbie Lawler (21-9)
-Donald

I don't think the UFC is likely to every top UFC 100 in PPV buys. The UFC was the hot, hipster-friendly trendy thing at that point. Now it's sort of stabilized as a smaller mainstream sport in the US and Canada.

Now I do anticipate it will keep growing worldwide especially in Brazil, India and China, but not in PPVs.

I don't think the UFC is likely to every top UFC 100 in PPV buys. The UFC was the hot, hipster-friendly trendy thing at that point. Now it's sort of stabilized as a smaller mainstream sport in the US and Canada.

Now I do anticipate it will keep growing worldwide especially in Brazil, India and China, but not in PPVs.

You are right about the buy rate, Brock was a huge draw & brought the WWE crowd in large numbers. Some of that crowd stayed around, which Dana was counting on, some went back to fake fighting.

167 is better than 168. Plus 168 is stuck with a women's fight for the co-main

if Belfort -Mousasi was CO main event at 168 ,yep it would be better but Rousey-Tate is missmatch with one girll coming off a lose.

167 is a much much better card than 168.

People are actually interested in these fights? Seriously?

-Ronda Rousey (7-0) vs. Miesha Tate (13-4)
-Josh Barnett (33-6) vs. Travis Browne (15-1-1)
-Chris Leben (22-10) vs. Uriah Hall (7-4)
-Gleison Tibau (28-9) vs. Michael Johnson (13-8)

Not being negative or anything but i can see 167/168 being a let down as excitement goes.
The real winner here will be UFC on Fox: Pettis vs. Thomson with a 5 way tie for FOTN.

UFC 100 is overrated

I don't really care about PPV numbers, I think UFC 168 will be a more exciting event though for sure.

I also agree UFC 167 looks great as do all the remaining PPVs this year but in direct comparison to UFC 168 the top billed fights are all more exciting on the latter, imo.

What a bunch of whining pussies... every card through the end of this year is stacked as fuck. Seriously, quit your bitching.

Back